Reno Suite is Finally Done!

Old December 11th 04, 02:29 AM
Jay Honeck

Default Reno Suite is Finally Done!

WARNING: Bald-faced self-promotion to follow

With limitless thanks to Mike Cummings (the Reno Air Race coordinator who
gave us all the memorabilia and artwork when we were at the races in
September), and to the many folks here on the aviation newsgroups who have
proven to be invaluable with your suggestions and donations, we have FINALLY
finished the Reno Air Race Suite.

See it at http://alexisparkinn.com/reno_air_race_suite.htm

See the story of our flight to Reno at
http://alexisparkinn.com/2004_reno_air_races.htm .

It took almost three months, but with 17 years worth of framed Reno posters
(they commission a new one each year), hard-to-find air race seminar
patches, a 10-foot P-51 Mustang over the bed, and a hot tub in the bedroom
(it's a honeymoon suite, doncha know?) I think it's our coolest one yet!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 11th 04, 03:05 AM
David Lafferty

A person could LIVE in a place like that! Thanks for sharing, Jay.

Old December 11th 04, 04:06 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Jay Honeck wrote:

It took almost three months, but with 17 years worth of framed Reno posters
(they commission a new one each year), hard-to-find air race seminar
patches, a 10-foot P-51 Mustang over the bed, and a hot tub in the bedroom
(it's a honeymoon suite, doncha know?) I think it's our coolest one yet!

*Very* nice. Great floor plan.

George Patterson
The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise.
Old December 11th 04, 06:03 AM
Jay Beckman

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message

Jay H...

Very, very nicely done!

Jay B

Old December 11th 04, 12:47 PM
Jay Honeck

*Very* nice. Great floor plan.

Thanks.

I shrank the floor plan .jpg (in keeping with those who said that the pix
were too big), but now it looks fuzzy (on my home monitor, anyway.) The pix
don't look as bright as I would like, either.

Photography has been made much simpler with digital cameras, but getting
good shots hasn't gotten any easier. It's easy to see why Mike Fizer (the
AOPA photographer who worked with Mary and me) took over 2 hours to set up
the shot. Getting the lighting right is the hardest...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 11th 04, 01:46 PM
Ash Wyllie

Jay Honeck opined

*Very* nice. Great floor plan.

Thanks.

I shrank the floor plan .jpg (in keeping with those who said that the pix
were too big), but now it looks fuzzy (on my home monitor, anyway.) The pix
don't look as bright as I would like, either.

Photography has been made much simpler with digital cameras, but getting
good shots hasn't gotten any easier. It's easy to see why Mike Fizer (the
AOPA photographer who worked with Mary and me) took over 2 hours to set up
the shot. Getting the lighting right is the hardest...

For pictures that are human made, like plain text and floor plans, gif or png
is a better format than jpg.

-ash
Cthulhu in 2005!
Why wait for nature?

Old December 11th 04, 01:56 PM
Jay Honeck

For pictures that are human made, like plain text and floor plans, gif or
png
is a better format than jpg.

I've heard that, but I have no idea why that is true. Can you explain,
please?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 11th 04, 02:12 PM
Ash Wyllie

Jay Honeck opined

For pictures that are human made, like plain text and floor plans, gif or
png
is a better format than jpg.

I've heard that, but I have no idea why that is true. Can you explain,
please?

jpgs throw away information that the human eye does not really see in natural
pictures. It does so by, essentially doing a Fourier transformation, and
dropping the high frequency terms. If you do this to a line, a square wave,
the resulting picture becomes (in the extreme) a sine wave. That makes the
result blurred.

ie

-

-------------- ---------------

becomes

-
/ \
/ \
/ \

-ash
Cthulhu in 2005!
Why wait for nature?

Old December 11th 04, 03:50 PM
john smith

Please do not use png, I do not have any software on my machine that
will read them. No MicroSoft products installed.