FIGHTING TERRORISM 101

Old December 15th 04, 06:13 PM
Cribsheet

Default FIGHTING TERRORISM 101

FIGHTING TERRORISM 101

Winning a battle abroad is no substitute for losing the war at home yet that`s
exactly what`s happening. We`ve won battles in Afghanistan and Iraq while
terrorists are sneaking into our country through minimally protected borders.
This is akin to living in a high crime neighborhood and leaving your front and
back door unlocked.

How many terrorists are in the country waiting to strike? Nobody knows but
terrorists don`t come here to rob 7-11 stores--their goal is to bring the
United States to its knees. In our battle against terrorism, the terrorists
have the advantage. We do not know when or where they will strike and they are
willing to die to achieve their goal. To expect the intelligence community to
infiltrate every cell and unearth their strategy is a bridge too far---make no
mistake, we are confronting a formidable enemy who will use every available
means to achieve his goal.

A platoon of well-trained terrorists can destroy a town, a company can destroy
a city, a brigade can destroy a state, a division can destroy a region.
Aggressive, not timid, action is required by our politicos to protect the
nation. There is no way to stop terrorists intent on committing suicide other
than to keep them out of the country. Once they are inside the country, it`s
doubtful whether they can be stopped. We need to secure our porous borders and
ports, declare an immediate immigration moratorium, and authorize federal,
state, and local law enforcement agencies to assist the immigration enforcement
authorities.

Please copy and distribute freely.

Old December 16th 04, 04:21 PM
C Kingsbury

Can't... resist... feeding... troll...

"Cribsheet" wrote in message
FIGHTING TERRORISM 101

A platoon of well-trained terrorists can destroy a town, a company can

destroy
a city, a brigade can destroy a state, a division can destroy a region.

Yes, except that terrorists can't gather in larger than platoon-size numbers
without drawing attention to themselves, and secrecy is vital to success.
This is why that s---hole Afghanistan was so useful to them- they could have
conventions and training camps and all that with impunity. Cell-based ops
are good for secrecy but suck logistically. Without a traditional
command-and-control structure it is difficult to sustain larger coordinated
operations like 9/11 (which we came closer to busting up than we like to
admit) let alone obtaining and moving a nuke. That's why state sponsors are
vital. Just like pirates in the 19th century- shut down the safe havens and
the problem becomes manageable. Easier said than done, of course.

-cwk.

Old December 16th 04, 06:46 PM
Denny

You may want to peruse this and perhaps think...
http://www.rense.com/general37/char.htm

Cheers ... Denny