Another Searing Memory From Kerry

Old August 26th 04, 06:24 PM
Eris

Default Another Searing Memory From Kerry

On 26 Aug 2004 14:06:46 GMT, s7ven
wrote:

Eris said...

Al thought I was amazed in the Army of how ignorant some people who
had degrees from some southern colleges were.

As well as people from Northern Colleges. Poor education is not just a
regional thing.

I love how people try to be elitists based on their region.

-s7ven

Actually it was a lot of fun in the army. The North against the South
and vice versa,.
But you are correct I should have matured since then.
Old August 26th 04, 07:05 PM
B2431

From: Eris

I'm waiting for your revisionist
history so I can bitch slap you across the mouth with the truth from Federal
Government documents. ) (FYI I'm not a white boy like you)

"White boy" is to white people as "******" is to black people. Racist comments
on either side serve no purpose. The guy who said southerners are Republicans
who hate King is obviously ignorant of the facts, but your comment was an
uncalled for reponse.

Dan, U.S Air Force, retired

Old August 26th 04, 09:06 PM
Kerry The Liar Loves Waffles

wrote:

Eris said...

Al thought I was amazed in the Army of how ignorant some people who
had degrees from some southern colleges were.

As well as people from Northern Colleges. Poor education is not just a
regional thing.

I love how people try to be elitists based on their region.

-s7ven

heh.. even a person with a good education can be a dumbass.

Old August 26th 04, 09:47 PM
George Graves

In article ,
s7ven wrote:

Eris said...

On 26 Aug 2004 13:58:20 GMT, s7ven
wrote:

Gactimus said...

Newsgroups:
rec.aviation.military,alt.pro-wrestling.wwf,alt.space*******s,alt.abo
rt
ion,alt.os.windows-xp,sci.skeptic,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.fan.rush-
li mbaugh Subject: Another Searing Memory From Kerry
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 20:47:28 -0400
. net
alt.pro-wrestling.wwf:904115 alt.abortion:434191
alt.os.windows-xp:388881 sci.skeptic:802732
comp.sys.mac.advocacy:1105838 alt.fan.rush-limbaugh:3077055

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 00:21:32 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote:

"Eris" wrote in message
m...
On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 19:05:14 -0400, Gactimus
wrote:

"I remember well April 1968 -- I was serving in Vietnam -- a
place of violence -- when the news reports brought home to me and
my crewmates the violence back home -- and the tragic news that
one of the bullets flying that terrible spring took the life of
that unabashedly maladjusted citizen."

-- John Kerry, on Martin Luther King's assasination. Trouble is
that
Kerry
wasn't in Vietnam until November 1968.

This will attrack a lot of Republican voters in the south, they
will vote for Kerry in droves when this gets out.
Thanks for the heads up.

Why would that be?

"and the tragic news that one of the bullets
flying that terrible spring took the life of that unabashedly
maladjusted citizen."

Southern whites tend to be Republican and HATE Martin Luther King.

You obviously haven't been anywhere near the South. The people who are
racist are racist regardless of their political affiliation. I'm on
the conservative side and I think that MLK was one of the greatest
speakers of this century who fought for what he believed in. Hate to
say it but most of the uneducated backwoods racist people down here
(whether white or black) seem to be Democrats.

Not saything that all racists are Democrats or all Democrats are
racists, just noting a trend down here in Georgia.

-s7ven

I stand corrected and apologize.

Like I said, could be just a trend in Georgia. I've pretty much lived all
over the state; from the peanut farming south to Hotlanta where I
currently reside.

Who knows?

-s7ven

Well in the South, there is a long tradition of calling oneself a
Democrat, even though politically, one might be slightly to the right of
Attila the Hun. The reason for these so-called 'Dixiecrats' stems from
the fact that Abraham Lincoln, and more importantly, Andrew Johnson,
were Republicans. Republicans who were in power when the War of Northern
Aggression started and continued with Reconstruction.

So I wouldn't put a lot of stock in a Southern racist calling themselves
'Democrats.'

--
George Graves
------------------

Bush is a poor leader because he isn't very smart.
What's Kerry's excuse gonna be?
Old August 26th 04, 09:51 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"George Graves" wrote in message

Well in the South, there is a long tradition of calling oneself a
Democrat, even though politically, one might be slightly to the right of
Attila the Hun. The reason for these so-called 'Dixiecrats' stems from
the fact that Abraham Lincoln, and more importantly, Andrew Johnson,
were Republicans.

Andrew Johnson was a Democrat.

Republicans who were in power when the War of Northern
Aggression started and continued with Reconstruction.

A curious name for a war that began when CSA guns fired on Fort Sumter.