Banshee Target Drone

Old November 22nd 10, 03:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan[_8_]

Default Banshee Target Drone

On 22/11/2010 09:20, ®i©ardo wrote:
On 22/11/2010 06:33, Alan wrote:
On 21/11/2010 19:38, ®i©ardo wrote:

I remember back in the late 1960's early 70's when on 899 Squadron
aboard HMS / Warship Eagle numbers of seaman "volunteering" to be PILOTS
of the PTA (Pilotless Target Aircraft) for there request that had
various tasks to complete like practicing hitting away "hi-tiles" as
apposed to miss-iles!" with table tennis bats, wearing hi vis jacket
(not many of them about in those days s a great honor! then having to
wear a black and yellow striped hat (Navy issue flat hat!), plus pass
swimming tests Etc.
BUT the Black & Yellow hat had to be worn at all times to mark them!
They were rewarded with a flight (Helo) to one of our RFA (Royal fleet
Auxiliaries) during a RAS (Replenishment At Sea).
Great times had by all.
And GREAT pictures.
Regards,
S&F
alan

Hmm, you sailors...

;-)

BEAUTIFUL could not all real aeroplanes have twin booms!
I dream about those middle watches in the upper hanger with this an
other birds from the squadron and yes it was me that flooded the upper
hanger in fuel during a pay parade! Those dump switches were to close
to others on the Stb. side of pilots seat!
Regards,
S&F
alan
Old November 22nd 10, 07:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
®i©ardo

On 22/11/2010 06:33, Alan wrote:
[...]

Hopefully you didn't light a cigarette to "relax" before clearing up the
mess.

Now here's a picture of a real beauty.

--
Moving things in still pictures