My Engine Fire!!

Old April 2nd 04, 09:11 AM
Peter Duniho

"C J Campbell" wrote in message
You are quite right. I am just an idiot who asks dumb questions. Questions
like, "Halon has been banned for ten years now. Is the ozone layer coming
back?"

Obviously the meaning of the word "catalyst" has escaped you.

But we will let it rest. Suffice it to say that there is considerable
dispute as to whether chlorofluorocarbons have had any effect on the ozone
layer at all. There is certainly no hard scientific data supporting the
theory.

I guess that depends on your definition of "hard". There is at least as
much evidence in favor of the CFC ozone-depletion theory as there is in
favor of the theory of evolution. You probably don't believe in that theory
either, is my guess, so there's not really any point in trying to discuss it
with you.

So we will re-state my assertion as, "Bureaucrats would rather that you

burn
alive than risk any damage to their pet environmental religious theories."

Your assertion is still false. It assumes that halon is the only way to put
a fire out in an airplane, which is simply not the case.

Pete

Old April 2nd 04, 05:02 PM
C J Campbell

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message
[...]

If you mean by the theory of evolution such concepts as DNA inheritance,
natural selection, and genetic drift, then your assumptions about what I
believe are entirely unfounded.

To elevate a peripheral theory about ozone depletion to the level of the
foundation of all biological science is silly beyond belief.