PIREP question

Old January 20th 04, 04:46 AM
Andrew Sarangan

Default PIREP question

Came across a PIREP that had '/RM AWC-WEB-ASA'. What exactly does this
mean? Sounds like something to do with AWC's web site, but what could
that possibly have to do with a pilot giving a PIREP?
Old January 27th 04, 05:36 AM
Gerald Sylvester

I saw a PIREP on ADDS from FL000, vicinity of CLS (Chehalis, WA). It
reported ice pellets. The remarks section was "in car on I-5". I think these
things are fairly frequent.

what' the altitude of CLS? Also what type of airplane? Maybe it was a
"Ford type-unk" I guess now you can say Honda too.

Kind of like when I was shopping for a car I was at an Audi dealer where
they also carried Porsches. The guy asked me if I was looking to buy a
Porsche. I said, "Just looking but not to buy. I'd buy a lancair
before Porsche though." He looked at me and said, "You'd buy a
Lancer." I corrected him by saying, "Well the one I want has only
3 small wheels but cruises will cruise at 220 mph and for most of
the trip you never have to even touch the wheel."

Gerald

Old January 27th 04, 02:21 PM
Andrew Sarangan

The comment was under the /RM section, not under the /OV section. In
any case, I looked it up but there are no nav's or airports with those
identifiers.

"Jim" wrote in message ...
Looks like a route of flight to me. I haven't looked them up, but are they
VOR's?
Jim

"Jonah Rogin" wrote in message
om...
(Andrew Sarangan) wrote in message

. com...
Came across a PIREP that had '/RM AWC-WEB-ASA'. What exactly does this
mean? Sounds like something to do with AWC's web site, but what could
that possibly have to do with a pilot giving a PIREP?

I dunno, but from time to time I've seen Pireps that have nothing to
do with aviation, but something like "Go Sox!" in the remarks section.
Sorta like those off-topic conversations you sometimes hear on Unicom