Funny Radio isums...

Old November 14th 03, 08:38 PM

Default Funny Radio isums...

I'm working my way through my IFR training...
Today on the radio "79V switch to 134.0"

Where I dial in 134.0 on the toggle freq acknolege the request
switch to COM2 (Meant to hit toggle)
Annonced that I was checking in....
At which point ground control (from where I'd left 15 min ago)
tells me they don't know why I'm calling..... with laughter.

I realise that this in only slightly funny, but makes me wonder
what is the funnyist thing you have ever heard on the radio?

Paul

Old November 15th 03, 02:04 AM
vincent p. norris

what is the funnyist thing you have ever heard on the radio?

Fifteen or more years ago, Clearance Delivery at DCA rattled off at
high speed a lengthy clearance with several turns, altitudes and
fixes.

After a pause, a voice came on in a Texas drawl and said,

"Now, why don't y'all jus say all that again, real slow, as if it
mattered."

There was funny one on the net not long ago. An airliner pilot took a
wrong turn on a taxiway. A female ground controller read the riot act
to him. Chewed him out good.

All was quiet on the freq till a male voice came on, "Say, wasn't I
married to you once?"

vince norris
Old November 16th 03, 10:18 AM
Jeff

the funniest thing I have heard was when we were shooting approaches
into LAS (las vegas international), a tomahawk came in and started doing
approaches also, when the tower gave the tomahawk instructions, an
airliner called tower and said "tomahawk, chop chop"
then said, "what kind of ground speed are you showing on that tomahawk"
tower said 100 kts, the airliner goes, 100 kts over the ground! Oh
boyyyyyy..

It was funnier being there and listening to it then telling it later.
but the tomahawk left right after that.

Old November 16th 03, 05:18 PM
Dale

In article , Jeff wrote:

Was listening to an approach controller talking to a pilot. Approach
was having a hard time hearing the pilot and said: "I can barely hear
you, turn your volume up." g

--
Dale L. Falk

There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing
as simply messing around with airplanes.

http://home.gci.net/~sncdfalk/flying.html
Old November 16th 03, 09:05 PM
Gene Seibel

Pilot explaining in great detail to passengers about how they were
having engine trouble and would be diverting to a different airport.

Second pilot came on and said, 'Do it again on the intercom.'

Third pilot says, 'You told them way too much.'
--
Gene Seibel
Hangar 131 - http://pad39a.com/gene/plane.html

Old November 17th 03, 04:22 PM
Peter R.

Jeff ) wrote:

then said, "what kind of ground speed are you showing on that tomahawk"
tower said 100 kts, the airliner goes, 100 kts over the ground! Oh
boyyyyyy..

That reminds me of an incident during my instrument training. We were
flying an ILS into my home airport in a C172. There was a moderate head
wind, so my ground speed was only about 65 kts or so.

A 737 had arrived at the runway and called ready. We were still about five
miles out so I was expecting the controller to clear the 737 for takeoff.
Instead, the controller instructed the 737 to hold short for approaching
traffic.

About 30 seconds slip by when the 737 pilot calls out, "What kind of
aircraft is approaching, a helicopter?"

--
Peter