Shakedown: Friction Lock for Old 172 Mixture Control: $60

Old January 29th 04, 01:40 AM
jls

Default Shakedown: Friction Lock for Old 172 Mixture Control: $60

Yeah, and it's just a little U-Shaped piece of steel plate about .020 thick
and hardly bigger than a dime. Tres incroyable.

Well, maybe I couldn't make it for that, and besides, it's got to be an
official Cessna part, or pma'd. The other one broke, and when I told the
owner/a&p it had to be replaced she commenced the most unladylike cussing.

Old January 29th 04, 03:09 AM
Fred in Florida

JLS --

Tell her that -- believe it or not -- it *is* legal for the owner of an
aircraft to make parts for his/her own certified airplane. Natch, it has to
be installed and/or blessed by an A&P (to be legal ...), but at least that's
some savings. "I'm not making this up."

Fred

. ..

Old January 30th 04, 01:05 AM
jls

"Fred in Florida" wrote in message
. com...
JLS --

Tell her that -- believe it or not -- it *is* legal for the owner of an
aircraft to make parts for his/her own certified airplane. Natch, it has

be installed and/or blessed by an A&P (to be legal ...), but at least

that's
some savings. "I'm not making this up."

Fred

Fred, could you point to an FAR or reg because I want to and do believe you,
and the A&P/IA is standing by. Today with much grunting and squeezing my
frame underneath the panel to wrench the nut, I put that silly little thing
on. It works but not nearly so well as the vernier control on the later
model Cessnas with the little red knob you can turn to tweak the mixture.
Thanks for the advice.

And finally, Fred, I can't tell you how envious I am that you are in Florida
and I am freezing and wiggling my cold toes here in NC.

. ..