FS: Zaon MRX PCAS

Old August 6th 13, 07:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy

Default FS: Zaon MRX PCAS

Now that my PowerFlarm PCAS performs as well or better than my Zaon (thanks to the latest firmware and the shorter antenna) it is time to sell my Zaon MRX.
Although I highly recommend PowerFlarm over the MRX, I figured I'll mention it here before putting it on eBay for those who still prefer PCAS only alerts. Last I checked a used MRX is selling for $300 on average on ebay.

Original box contains the latest hardware in excellent condition and fully functional, latest firmware (2.9), spare antenna, power cable and manual.
Asking $300 incl shipping in the US.

Ramy

Old August 6th 13, 08:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

On Tuesday, August 6, 2013 8:20:10 AM UTC+2, Ramy wrote:
Now that my PowerFlarm PCAS performs as well or better than my Zaon (thanks to the latest firmware and the shorter antenna) it is time to sell my Zaon MRX.

Although I highly recommend PowerFlarm over the MRX, I figured I'll mention it here before putting it on eBay for those who still prefer PCAS only alerts. Last I checked a used MRX is selling for $300 on average on ebay.

Original box contains the latest hardware in excellent condition and fully functional, latest firmware (2.9), spare antenna, power cable and manual.

Asking $300 incl shipping in the US.

Ramy

What do you mean by "shorter antenna" on your PowerFLARM?

Kirk
66
Old August 6th 13, 03:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

I think he means that he shortened the mile-long signal-eating coaxial cable that is shipped with the unit - it's an easy fix that I also did.

Mike

Old August 6th 13, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

On Tuesday, August 6, 2013 4:17:59 PM UTC+2, Mike the Strike wrote:
I think he means that he shortened the mile-long signal-eating coaxial cable that is shipped with the unit - it's an easy fix that I also did.

Mike

I may have to bring my antennas to you for "the fix" this winter.

Need to shorten the GPS antenna cable too - it's ridiculous!

But all seems to work OK - on the few occasions I've flown 66 this year...

Kirk
Old August 6th 13, 05:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Luke Szczepaniak

On 08/06/2013 11:51 AM, kirk.stant wrote:
On Tuesday, August 6, 2013 4:17:59 PM UTC+2, Mike the Strike wrote:
I think he means that he shortened the mile-long signal-eating coaxial cable that is shipped with the unit - it's an easy fix that I also did.

Mike

I may have to bring my antennas to you for "the fix" this winter.

Need to shorten the GPS antenna cable too - it's ridiculous!

But all seems to work OK - on the few occasions I've flown 66 this year...

Kirk

I believe PowerFlarm are now supplying different antennas for that are
tuned for the xpndr freequencies

Luke
Old August 7th 13, 12:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

On Tuesday, August 6, 2013 2:20:10 AM UTC-4, Ramy wrote:
Original box contains the latest hardware in excellent condition and fully functional, latest firmware (2.9), spare antenna, power cable and manual.

Once Ramy's unit is sold, my identical Zaon MRX will be for sale. I don't want to highjack Ramy's post, and so I will not post a price until his unit is sold. This unit came with my recently acquired used glider. I have PF and feel that the MRX unit is redundant in my locale. It is in new condition.
Old August 7th 13, 06:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy

Correct, I was referring to the shorter more tuned antenna. Early units came with identical antennas for PCAS and Flarm (except the connector). If your antennas are identical in size and you have reception issues you may want to consider replacing with the newer one. My newer antenna also came with shorter coax. It is also possible that my antenna had a defect, but once I replaced the antenna the results were remarkably better.

Ramy
Old August 7th 13, 01:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
joesimmers[_2_]

Ramy, through what source did you purchase this newer style antenna?

Is the newer antenna just for flarm or is there a newer and better antenna
for the pcas also?

Thanks, Joe
Old August 8th 13, 06:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy

On Wednesday, August 7, 2013 5:11:34 AM UTC-7, joesimmers wrote:
Ramy, through what source did you purchase this newer style antenna?

Is the newer antenna just for flarm or is there a newer and better antenna

for the pcas also?

Thanks, Joe

It is the other way around. The newer Antenna is just for PCAS. It came out shortly after the initial batch were delivered. You should be able to order one from your dealer.

Ramy

ZAON MRX Andrzej Kobus Soaring 1 February 9th 13 01:39 AM
Fs Zaon Pcas Xrx cessna150 Aviation Marketplace 0 January 26th 12 06:02 AM
Warning to users of Zaon PCAS MRX Bruno[_2_] Soaring 23 February 22nd 10 05:04 PM
GPS intrference from Zaon PCAS ?? Carl Soaring 9 May 31st 07 05:12 AM
I got my Zaon XRX PCAS test flight cpu Products 3 January 27th 06 01:13 AM