Australian made Bearhawk

Old December 11th 03, 08:33 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On 11 Dec 2003 06:45:33 GMT, (Anonymo421) wrote:

What's this one? Zenith?

http://www.gcsfc.org/gallery/images/28.jpg

Looks like a RANS coyote to me.

No, I don't think it's either a RANS nor a Zenair. I thought at first it
was a Jabiru, but I don't think that's right, either. My guess is it's one
of the new European lightplanes that's aimed at the light sport aircraft
market.

Ron Wanttaja
Old December 11th 03, 03:03 PM
David O

Ron Wanttaja wrote:

No, I don't think it's either a RANS nor a Zenair. I thought at first it
was a Jabiru, but I don't think that's right, either. My guess is it's one
of the new European lightplanes that's aimed at the light sport aircraft
market.

Ron Wanttaja

Good guess, Ron. It is an Aeroprakt A22.

Spectrum Aircraft markets the A22 as the "Valor" in the USA,
http://www.spectrumaircraft.com/aircraft.shtml

Silverwing Aviation markets the A22 as the "Foxbat" in Australia,
http://www.silverwing.com.au/

Aeroprakt, Ltd. is based in Kiev, Ukraine,
http://www.aeroprakt.kiev.ua/eng_html/main.html

David O -- http://www.AirplaneZone.com

Old December 15th 03, 06:08 AM
Michael Coates

Its a A22 foxbat, good short field performer....

Del Rawlins wrote:
On 10 Dec 2003 07:21 PM, R. Hubbell posted the following:

On 5 Dec 2003 19:10:30 GMT Del Rawlins del@_kills_spammers_
rawlinsbrothers.org wrote:

Merv Hargraves (Queensland, Australia) O-470 powered Bearhawk first
flew a little over two years ago.

Interesting plane looks real roomy.

http://www.gcsfc.org/gallery/images/01.jpg

Thanks, I hadn't seen that picture before. The Bearhawk has the same
cabin width as a 172 (40") and uses a 172 windshield. If more shoulder
room is desired, the doors may be bowed outward slightly. Cabin length
is 9'8" from back of firewall to aft cabin bulkhead. Here is a shot of
the rear cargo area (with rear seat removed, so figure on the front half
of the space adjacent to the opening filled with rear seat):

http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/title/uds.jpg

We got word yesterday that another plans built Bearhawk flew in late
November, bringing the total of confirmed flying examples to 12. We got
a couple pics on the email list today and it is beautiful. I will get
them posted to the FAQ site when I have more time.

What's this one? Zenith?

http://www.gcsfc.org/gallery/images/28.jpg

Nah, not ugly enough, although it is getting there. No clue what it is.

Del Rawlins-
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/