2 RV fatals this weekend

Old December 15th 03, 04:31 PM
swedeflyer

Default 2 RV fatals this weekend

Bad weekend for our VANs 2Fatal accidents:
1.
IDENTIFICATION
Regis#: 29CV Make/Model: RV7 Description: EXP
Date: 12/12/2003 Time: 1043
LOCATION
City: MCMINNVILLE State: OR Country: US
DESCRIPTION
AIRCRAFT CRASHED UNDER UNKNOWN CIRCUMSTANCES, THE ONE PERSON ON BOARD WAS
FATALLY INJURED, AIRCRAFT WAS A SUBJECT OF AN ALERT NOTICE, 1 MILE EAST OF
MCMINNVILLE, OR
INJURY DATA Total Fatal: 1

2.
IDENTIFICATION
Regis#: 528DH Make/Model: RV6 Description: RV-6
Date: 12/14/2003 Time: 1915
Event Type: Accident Highest Injury: Fatal Mid Air: N Missing: N
Damage: Substantial
LOCATION
City: CARTHAGE State: TX Country: US
DESCRIPTION
AIRCRAFT LOST POWER AND RAN OFF THE END OF THE RUNWAY, THE TWO PERSONS ON
BOARD WERE FATALLY INJURED, CARTHAGE, TX

INJURY DATA Total Fatal: 2

Date: 12/14/2003 Time: 1915
Event Type: Accident Highest Injury: Fatal Mid Air: N Missing: N
Damage: Substantial
LOCATION
City: CARTHAGE State: TX Country: US
DESCRIPTION
AIRCRAFT LOST POWER AND RAN OFF THE END OF THE RUNWAY, THE TWO PERSONS ON
BOARD WERE FATALLY INJURED, CARTHAGE, TX

INJURY DATA Total Fatal: 2

Ouch! A bad time of year for fatalities -- as if there were a good time.
As I'm thinking about heading out to visit family...

"AIRCRAFT WAS A SUBJECT OF AN ALERT NOTICE" -- what does that mean in
this case?

Ed Wischmeyer
Old December 15th 03, 10:32 PM
BigBaldGuy

Very bad i live here in henderson and was at the airport there in carthage
when it happened doing some touch and goes..were in the pattern when it
happened..was hopeing nobody was hurt

Old December 16th 03, 01:38 AM
John Scurlock

Ed - I believe this means that the aircraft had been reported as
missing or overdue.

Regards,
John Scurlock
RV6 N427KS
Old December 16th 03, 01:46 AM
Ed Wischmeyer

John Scurlock wrote:

Ed - I believe this means that the aircraft had been reported as
missing or overdue.

Thanks!

Ed Wischmeyer
Old December 16th 03, 01:50 AM
Jerry Springer

Ed, that was a local pilot here from Independance, OR He and another pilot were
going to the Flying M Ranch for lunch on Thursday, they turned back because the
weather was reeally bad. Al did not make it back to Independance and it was the
next day before they found the crash site.

Jerry