Fun Stuff With Helicopters

Old August 25th 04, 10:18 PM
ABUSE COMPLAINT MADE

Since August 20th I have been stalked by one of your customers.

This person has seen fit to place the attached message to each
of the posts that I have made into the following newsgroup.

rec.aviation.rotorcraft

He is also following me into other newsgroups that I regularly
contribute to, and I do not appreciate his actions.

On twelve occaisions he has seen fit to attach this identical
TROLL WARNING to my posts accusing me of trolling this
group, regardles of the subject, or contents of my posts.

The following quoted text is an example of the sorts of
comments that I have been making in this group.

I'd sure like to see photos of your flying adventure also.

There is nothing in the above quoted text that would require
the sort of harrasment that I have suffered this past week.

I WISH THIS HARRASMENT TO STOP.

I trust you will contact your client and ensure that these automatic

der1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!border2.nntp.dca.gigane ws.com!nntp.giganews.c
om!elnk-atl-nf1!newsfeed.earthlink.net!c01.usenetserver.com!ne ws.usenets
erver.com!news.flashnewsgroups.com.POSTED!53ab2750 !not-for-mail

From: TROLL WARNING
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Subject: Fun Stuff With Helicopters

Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 19:28:48 GMT

This is an Automated Troll Alert System (ATAS) message.

The user who has just posted here under the false identity
of [Shiver Me Timbers ] is a known troll in
numerous newsgroups.

Comments by trolls, in general, are carefully crafted to
insult, belittle and ridicule with the express intent to
start flame wars. It is best to ignore posts from trolls
regardless of how tempting it may be to set them straight.
Let this automated post be the final word to let everyone
know that what the troll wrote was not factual.

Trolls that use false identities are already known to be
liars given that their identity is a lie. Nothing a liar
says or writes should be taken seriously.

Other recent identities used by this particular troll a

Speaking of Netiquette
Shiver Me Timbers
TO THE GROUP
PING - Sean Trost
Old August 26th 04, 12:25 AM
TROLL WARNING

This is an Automated Troll Alert System (ATAS) message.

The user who has just posted here under the false identity
of [ABUSE COMPLAINT MADE ] is a known troll in numerous newsgroups.

Comments by trolls, in general, are carefully crafted to
insult, belittle and ridicule with the express intent to
start flame wars. It is best to ignore posts from trolls
regardless of how tempting it may be to set them straight.
Let this automated post be the final word to let everyone
know that what the troll wrote was not factual.

Trolls enjoy antagonizing people. They are the type of
people who drive 20 miles under the limit in the fast lane
just to see how many people they can get upset.

Old August 26th 04, 07:27 AM
Hennie

I will try to get some pictures on a web page and I will let you guy's
know when it will be ready for viewing.

Rocky after flying a mini 500 that I built in the highveld the
R22 feel like a V8 monster. Ok when solo that is. You have to be
carefull with a pax that weigh 200 pounds.

THis R22 I rebuilt myself under the experimental rules so it is
modified some. If you look at glenns web page at

http://www.3cats.com/helicopter/newstuff.htm

and scroll down the page you will see a picture of me beside
my heli after the first beach landing at Umkomaas.

I have a complete set of parts for another heli like this one
but I am going to install a 160 hp turbine in that. I think
with the turbine it will be OK for the Highveld.

Regards

Hennie
Old August 26th 04, 03:04 PM
SelwayKid

(Hennie) wrote in message . com...
I will try to get some pictures on a web page and I will let you guy's
know when it will be ready for viewing.

Rocky after flying a mini 500 that I built in the highveld the
R22 feel like a V8 monster. Ok when solo that is. You have to be
carefull with a pax that weigh 200 pounds.

THis R22 I rebuilt myself under the experimental rules so it is
modified some. If you look at glenns web page at

http://www.3cats.com/helicopter/newstuff.htm

and scroll down the page you will see a picture of me beside
my heli after the first beach landing at Umkomaas.

I have a complete set of parts for another heli like this one
but I am going to install a 160 hp turbine in that. I think
with the turbine it will be OK for the Highveld.

Regards

Hennie

Hennie
No Joy on the site or pics. With the increased power, how will that
affect the transmission limits?
Are you based in or near Kroonstad? Do you know how many civil
helicopters there are now in SA? What a far cry from 1974!!
Side note....when DCA began writing the air law regarding crop
spraying in '74, they asked me to help them out. I did a rough draft
loosely based on our own FAR 137 for aerial application and left out
the parts I didn't like. Surprised me when they adopted the majority
of my recommendations and made it law!
I was stunned to learn how many cobras there are out in the Karoo
while I was doing the way leaving for ESCOM. Based for a couple weeks
at Pofadder, then DeAar and Preiska. What great fun and adventure.
Reminds me of the time when we were......ah thats for another
time...ggg
Rocky
Old August 27th 04, 07:37 AM
Hennie

Rocky,
You should try that site again. Maybe it was off line
at that stage.
I am trying to get the story on my own web page with some pictures.

The turbine power is so smooth ( without the piston engine power pulses)
that the transmission will be able to handle the extra power.

I am based in Kroonstad town. The last figure I had on civil helicopters
was 339 piston, 304 turbine and 53 homebuilt. Quite a change from the
70's.
Interesting about the regulations, i have a few friends doing crop
spraying.

I did a lot of work in the Prieska and de Aar area. Me and my partner
in crime run a communications company. We have a lot of repeaters
on high sites and rent airtime to farmers and companies. All over
the Free State, Northern Cape and into parts of Natal.

Think About the next story over the weekend????

Regards

Hennie
Old August 28th 04, 09:46 PM
SelwayKid

(Hennie) wrote in message . com...
Rocky,
You should try that site again. Maybe it was off line
at that stage.
I am trying to get the story on my own web page with some pictures.

The turbine power is so smooth ( without the piston engine power pulses)
that the transmission will be able to handle the extra power.

I am based in Kroonstad town. The last figure I had on civil helicopters
was 339 piston, 304 turbine and 53 homebuilt. Quite a change from the
70's.
Interesting about the regulations, i have a few friends doing crop
spraying.

Hennie
Astra Helicopters had crews that were doing a week out and two back
in. I was in a single status and loved flying out in the Karoo so
offered to stay out there for a little "hardship" bonus and let the
married guys stay in JHB. It worked out great and I got to fly all
over the place. Frequent crew change was in Kimberly and naturally I
had to drop in and fly around in the "big hole". For those who don't
know, it was the original diamond mine and is huge! I only did it once
and I'm sure got away with it since there were so few helicopters yet
in South Africa.
From there it was natural to follow the Oranje River - Orange River
for the Yanks, and so it followed that I'd drop in on Augrabie Falls
which is a kind of miniature Grand Canyon with these incredible falls.
I'd fly down in the canyon and look around. Found a spot just down
river from the falls where, during flood times, the river would
overflow its banks and go around to this drop off point, down into a
catch basin which appeared to be about an 80' drop, then spill again
over a lip another 40-50' into the main river bed. Often thought that
wouuld be a perfect place to look for diamonds that were carried in
the current and dropped into that catch basin. But, not wanting to be
caught up in IDB laws, never did anything about it. Got some great
pics and plans though..... IDB aka Illicit Diamond Buying.
Then there was the time when we had to jam a pole into the snakes hole
to keep a cobra from attacking us... and landing on top of a mountain
peak that required me to put one skid down so my crew could get off to
clear enough boulders so I could land right on the edge of a sheer
cliff that dropped for probably 1000' or more. The takeoff was a fun
one but will save that for the next episode.
Cheers
Rocky