Pinckneyville Pix

Old June 7th 04, 03:24 PM
Al

(Badwater Bill) wrote in message ...
in helos in 3 years?

This seems like an emotional exaggeration to me. Where did BWB make
such a claim? I believe he's flown 3000 hours in helos total, yes.
Is all of it loggable? No. Did he actually fly the Hueys all over
the U.S. as sole manipulator of the controls? Yes. Would I bet my
life on him at the controls? Yes. The man's an Rotocraft instructor,
for Christsake. They don't give those ratings away.

Well, if you bet, you'd win. I feel like writing tonight so I'm a
gonna tell you kids the story about the National Lake Eutrophication
Survey.

BWB

In article , Badwater
Bill says...

in helos in 3 years?

This seems like an emotional exaggeration to me. Where did BWB make
such a claim? I believe he's flown 3000 hours in helos total, yes.
Is all of it loggable? No. Did he actually fly the Hueys all over
the U.S. as sole manipulator of the controls? Yes. Would I bet my
life on him at the controls? Yes. The man's an Rotocraft

instructor,
for Christsake. They don't give those ratings away.

Well, if you bet, you'd win. I feel like writing tonight so I'm a
gonna tell you kids the story about the National Lake Eutrophication
Survey.

BWB

Good, that will put us to sleep fast.

You're the only 311t3 jet jock I've ever seen that actually has the
balls to log passenger time and brag about the RC models he's built.
Like people building airplanes care about your time in Hueies. So
what? Do you have a clue about how to get oil temps under control?
Or if Top Gloss is any good (it's not)? Are Swageloc fittings any
good? How about that Aussie hoop pine plywood? Know anything about
the Aero-Composites prop vrs the MT? Cleveland or Mattco? Whelen ar
Aero-Flash?

For the last 2 years the only thing you've told us is how great you
are and how the rest of us can suck your balls. Fine, you're 311t3.
Go be happy.

And tell Kubricky he'll only fund $50 million projects, he'll hava a
good laugh.
Old June 7th 04, 07:47 PM
pacplyer

ChuckSlusarczyk wrote in message ...
In article , Badwater Bill says...

Ah, Zoom could bluff 90% of the halfwits who read this group Chuck.
He just can't bluff you or me or a guy like Pac. He's a master
bulffer to the normal run of the mill RAH subscriber.

BWB

True enough but there were at least 15 of us he didn't bluff.The difference
between zoom and those who bluff here on RAH is that zoom actually "has" hurt
peoples reputations,caused them problems at their places of employment and a
whole list of other things because of his vindictive nature. After talking with
his former editor at SnF nothings changed. He's still a phony and is still
fooling people, especially those who read ANN and know nothing of his past.

See ya

Chuck S RAH-15/1 ret

Chuck, are you the same person who sold Easy Risers during the
foot-launched era about Oshgosh 77? CGS sounds awfully familiar.

pac
Old June 7th 04, 11:06 PM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , pacplyer says...

Yes sir that be me, and I also designed and built hang gliders I started in 1972
as Chuck Glider Supplies (CGS) .I'm the guy who started using reduction drives
on 2 strokes back then. Maybe we bumped into each other at Osh or SnF.

See ya

Chuck S

Old June 8th 04, 05:48 PM
pacplyer

ChuckSlusarczyk wrote in message ...
In article , pacplyer says...

Yes sir that be me, and I also designed and built hang gliders I started in 1972
as Chuck Glider Supplies (CGS) .I'm the guy who started using reduction drives
on 2 strokes back then. Maybe we bumped into each other at Osh or SnF.

See ya

Chuck S

I got confused cuz I thought you bought the business from somebody
else. Mike P. sent me an email and explained the repurchase of the
co. I was a teen-ager at that show, I think it was 77', impressed
with your new reduction drive set up. It was the year this guy (I
think he had a direct drive) tried to footlaunch, tripped and broke
his back. I didn't see it happen, but I saw the blood on the broken
wooden prop. Was that 77 or earlier? So you were around at the
begining of the "powered hang glider" movement. I should be calling
you "sir."

pac
Old June 8th 04, 08:02 PM
Cy Galley

"All of the other "New Airports" have only GPS approaches.

The Bad News:

Pinckneyville, IL, is listed as being canceled. I would imagine the
airport
is being closed. Anybody down there know for sure what is happening? - Bob
Seigfried"

Anyone here know the real story?

--
Cy Galley
Safety Programs Editor

om...

Old June 9th 04, 12:32 AM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , pacplyer says...

I got confused cuz I thought you bought the business from somebody
else. Mike P. sent me an email and explained the repurchase of the
co. I was a teen-ager at that show, I think it was 77', impressed
with your new reduction drive set up. It was the year this guy (I
think he had a direct drive) tried to footlaunch, tripped and broke
his back. I didn't see it happen, but I saw the blood on the broken
wooden prop. Was that 77 or earlier? So you were around at the
begining of the "powered hang glider" movement. I should be calling
you "sir."

pac

No need for any sir business I'm not that vain :-) But I appreciate the
courtesy.I'm just one of the do nuthin no nuthin loudmouths here on RAH LOL!!! I
used to foot launch for about a year and by 1977 I had wheels. I was lucky
enough to survive the early days of Hang gliding AND ultralights. I think the
guy your talking about was from florida ,I haven't seen or heard of him since.

Old June 9th 04, 02:12 AM
Mark Hickey

"Cy Galley" wrote:

"All of the other "New Airports" have only GPS approaches.

The Bad News:

Pinckneyville, IL, is listed as being canceled. I would imagine the
airport
is being closed. Anybody down there know for sure what is happening? - Bob
Seigfried"

Anyone here know the real story?

I hear the EPA is shutting it down as a Superfund site. Seems someone
spilled a cup of muzzleloader...

Mark Hickey
Old June 9th 04, 12:23 PM
Badwater Bill

On 8 Jun 2004 16:32:57 -0700, ChuckSlusarczyk
wrote:

In article , pacplyer says...

[...]

Yeah, I think you are right. That year, 1977 I bought a Moody Power
Pac. Tom Verner and I bought it from you Chuck. Check your old
records and you'll see that shipment to Vegas that year. We mounted
it on an Easy Riser we built. Tom Verner and I took it out and foot
launched it many times. With the Easy Riser, you just hung from two
bars that went under your arm pits. If you let go, you fell out of
it. There was no strap to hold you in.

I thermalled that baby to about 5000 feet once after a foot
launch...scared the **** out of myself. The thermal wouldn't let me go
but finally spit me out there a mile above the dry lake bed. It took
me another 15 minutes to get back down and land. I never flew it
again.

That power pack used the Chrysler 801, twelve horsepower enging IIRC.
Amazing that you could fly so well on 12 horsepower. In 1980 Tom and
built two Quicksilvers on floats. That airplane had the Yamaha racing
go-cart engine. It was 15 hp I reacall. I have shot of it on floats
on Jay Honeck's page (I think).

It was the ultimate toy on floats. Until one day I was initiating a
water-tko and a boat ran in front of me making a large wave. I
aborted the tko, hit the wave and went over backward. As I capsized
backward I saw the surface of the water move away from my face as I
was dragged underwater. If you guys recall, the weight shift
Quicksilvers had two straps that held you in, one around each thigh.
They used a plastic disconnect that was rather hard to undo. As I was
5 feet under water and trapped in that seat I reached down for the
release and had a problem with it. I remember thinking to myself,
"You have one shot at this mutha. Just hold your breath, be
methodical, go slow and be deliberate. If you don't…you get to die
today.

I slowly unsnapped the left one, then reached over for the right one.
It was all in the dark at this point, I was 10 feet under water. The
right one wouldn't disconnect. I sighed in my mind's eye, and took a
second shot at it. Bingo, I was free. I swam away from the seat and
up to the surface. That was 24 years ago. Every day has been a free
day since that day. Well, other than the days I've spent after
hitting a wire in the Minimax, or losing that engine in the RV-6 a few
years ago when I had to dump it into the desert. Then there was the
time in the B-1RD I had three engine failures on me in one day. After
the third one, I abandoned that piece of **** in the desert and walked
home…or the time I got behind the power curve on take off in my
gyrocopter and crashed it in the desert. I walked home then too,
kicking myself for trashing a $3000 set of main rotor blades.

Let's see, how many lives is that? If I have nine, I'm only half way
through.

Some of the younger pilots at the helicopter company wonder why I'm so
anal about flying helicopters while they cowboy around like the 25
year olds that they are. It's because even if you do everything
right, "Flying" can still kill you DEAD. I'm to the point now that I
tell the kids: "If I'm in the cockpit with you, fly like you are on a
checkride with an FAA examiner. I don't want any horseplay at all
with me in this piece of ****. If you want to **** around then do it
all by yourself, not with me on board." I'm a cranky old **** and I'd
like to live a while longer.

BWB

Old June 9th 04, 05:24 PM
pacplyer

ChuckSlusarczyk wrote

No need for any sir business I'm not that vain :-) But I appreciate the
courtesy.I'm just one of the do nuthin no nuthin loudmouths here on RAH LOL!!! I
used to foot launch for about a year and by 1977 I had wheels. I was lucky
enough to survive the early days of Hang gliding AND ultralights. I think the
guy your talking about was from florida ,I haven't seen or heard of him since.

That foot-lauching stuff was pretty amazing. Shame cheap video was
not more common so that more of the "man will never fly" challengers
could have been caught on tape. I remember the ER pilots doing a "leg
up" to stow the gear. Flying around butt first. I always thought:
man, if the rubberband breaks at the wrong time, it's going to be a
tree-branch enema!

You should recount some of those tales here in RAH, chuck. We
self-proclaimed aviation gods in the peanut gallery MUST be
entertained or it's going to get ugly again!

;-)

pac