C-130 accident

Old January 9th 05, 08:24 PM
steve.t

Perhaps the problem is one of IE (internet Exploder) v. Opera v.
Netscape etc.

I've also noticed differences between releases of each of these
products.

Later,
Steve.T
PP ASEL/Instrument

Old January 9th 05, 08:34 PM
Newps

steve.t wrote:
Perhaps the problem is one of IE (internet Exploder) v. Opera v.
Netscape etc.

I brought up my IE 6 and it looks exactly like Netscape, what I normally
use. So if you're dumb enough to use IE it will look fine.
Old January 9th 05, 10:56 PM
Gene Seibel

Looks good on mine too.
--
Gene Seibel
Gene & Sue's Aeroplanes - http://pad39a.com/gene/planes.html

Old January 9th 05, 11:49 PM
Jose

(don't rely on the user's default
- as it won't always be a default white).

If the user's default is not white, it's not white for a reason.
Reespect it.

At one point (with a different monitor) I was using a light shade of
"puke green" because the monitor flickered, and that color minimized
the eyestrain.

Jose
--
Money: What you need when you run out of brains.
Old January 10th 05, 01:01 AM
T-Boy

In article ,
says...
(don't rely on the user's default
- as it won't always be a default white).

If the user's default is not white, it's not white for a reason.
Reespect it.

It just doesn't work that way.

Have a look at three pages I've whipped up...

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/duncanm4/page_one.htm

No background colour set on that page. Probably looks just fine on most
PC's that use the default "Window" colour. But that won't hold true for
all.

Here's page two - background colour set to White.

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/duncanm4/page_two.htm

And here's page three - what page one looks like on *my* PC...
http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/dun...page_three.htm

At one point (with a different monitor) I was using a light shade of
"puke green" because the monitor flickered, and that color minimized
the eyestrain.

Well you set your "puke green" - on again, and try page_one.htm -
like it? Didn't think so.

For more eg's of good htm - one only needs to check out.. oh... cnn.com,
abc.com, microsoft.com, google.com - you name it - the background colour
is *set* (and usually white).

--
Duncan
Old January 10th 05, 03:24 AM
Jay Honeck

Always glad to help. I've got a 21 inch Dell monitor, set for
1600x1200 dots, brightness of 50 and contrast of 100 (out of 100). I face
the corner of the room, there is a window just to my right which faces
South and looks out on snow (ah, tis the season). But even with the
shades drawn (which I shouln't have to do) it's dark on dark.

I don't understand the variability, but it exists.

On Mary's Dell monitor, it looks much darker than on either of my Dell
monitors at home or at the hotel. However, in all cases it's easily
readable.

It looks fine on my laptop, too.

Ya learn something new every day.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 10th 05, 03:32 AM
Raul Ruiz

rec.aviation.htmlprogramming

I love the diversity of conversation! =)

John Harlow wrote:
Jay, =why= do you use dark blue background with black type?

There are some features which are just better left unused.

Background
coloring is one IMHO.

When in doubt, look at ebay

Old January 10th 05, 04:08 AM
Morgans

"John Harlow" wrote in message
Jay, =why= do you use dark blue background with black type?

There are some features which are just better left unused. Background
coloring is one IMHO.

I'm with you.

I read the Usenet on an older machine, with a small monitor. Color
background is tough, and sometimes I just don't bother.

Everyone can read white with dark print. (if they can read )
Jim in NC

Old January 10th 05, 04:15 AM
Morgans

"Newps" wrote

So if you're dumb enough to use IE

This is a totally unnecessary opinion to express here. Why do you bother
with this type of thing? Does it make you feel better about yourself to run
other people down?

I was taught to live by the expression of, "If you don't have anything good
to say, don't say anything." Please
--
Jim in NC consider following that. It will make everyone around you feel
better.