Jeppesen FliteMap- where do you put your laptop?

Old March 3rd 04, 07:51 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"Bill Padley" wrote in message
. ..
Guys

anyone tried this...?
looks like a great solution to the laptop issue , especially if you are an
aircraft owner , where the wiring could be tidied up and left in the
aircraft
http://www.navaero.com/index.html

Bill Padley
London

The company is based in Chicago...most people in here are boycotting Chicago
and everything about it. AAMOF, several of us are planning to sack and
pillage the place.

Old March 3rd 04, 11:20 AM
Bill Padley

Tom..

just let me know when you are done , and I will order it then :-)

Bill Padley
London

Old March 3rd 04, 01:00 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Bill Padley" wrote in message
. ..
Tom..

just let me know when you are done , and I will order it then :-)

Being in London, you may be unaware that the corrupt Mayor of Chicago
(Yes...it's redundant) shutdown a reliever airport by having his thugs
bulldoze the place at 3:00AM. In light of that action, many pilots are
boycotting Chicago for things such as conventions, recreational travel and
the like.

I doubt if people are considering boycotts of Chicago area merchants, but
strange things do happen.

Now, if Chicago's Cubs (baseball) go to the World Series, something they
haven't done since 1945, things might get dicey. Do not confuse "da' Cubs,
the baseball team, with 'da Bears, the football team, or 'da Bulls, their
basketball team.

Sacking and pillaging will commence as soon as we can rent a bus to
transport the participants. We expect to use Jay Honeck's hotel in Iowa as a
staging area.

Old March 3rd 04, 08:05 PM
Bill Padley

Tom

aaah ...life is SO much simpler in sleepy old England :-)

Old March 3rd 04, 11:34 PM
C J Campbell

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

"Bill Padley" wrote in message
. ..
Guys

anyone tried this...?
looks like a great solution to the laptop issue , especially if you are

an
aircraft owner , where the wiring could be tidied up and left in the
aircraft
http://www.navaero.com/index.html

Bill Padley
London

The company is based in Chicago...most people in here are boycotting

Chicago
and everything about it. AAMOF, several of us are planning to sack and
pillage the place.

Don't forget to invite me! I love sacking and pillaging. And rape. Don't
forget the rape. Yep, looting, raping and burning, the screams of the
villagers, the lamentations of the women, the smell of burning huts -- it
really brings back memories.

"The best thing in life is to crush your enemy, to drive him like the wind
before you, and to hear the lamentations of his women."

Old March 4th 04, 06:45 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

[...]

In Chicago, under my scenario, that would be burning Polish sausage...

Old March 4th 04, 06:50 AM
Scott Moore

"Bill Padley" wrote in message . ..
Hi all..

just upgraded my excellent Jepp flitestar IFR to flitemap (very good deal it
was too ! )

I bought a new laptop which prompted this , the very small Sony TR1MP...
Im very impressed with the software indeed, but one question to those who
have Flitemap..

where do you put your laptop , so you can use it? - is it actually usable in
flight, or do you really someone in the right hand seat to be using it?
Given that my laptop is small , the coaming would be the obvious, but even
that would restrict the view

Any answers appreciated..its a great bit of kit!

Bill Padley
London

I got a tablet, removed the battery, reduced the weight to 1 lb and yoke
mounted it.

Laptops are far too large for aircraft use. Referencing the map or plates
is going to require turning your head a lot, and the laptop might start
moving.

Old March 4th 04, 06:56 AM
Scott Moore

"Bill Padley" wrote in message . ..
Guys

anyone tried this...?
looks like a great solution to the laptop issue , especially if you are an
aircraft owner , where the wiring could be tidied up and left in the
aircraft
http://www.navaero.com/index.html

Bill Padley
London

I did that with my tablet for a while. It did not cost anything. I just took
out the strap for my kneeboard and attached it to the back of the tablet.
Because tablet PCs can have glare off the surface and limited angle of
view, I found myself continually juggling it with my knee to be able to
see it properly. I changed it to a yoke mount, which brought it to the
correct spot to view it, and angle.

Tablets are good solutions to get the "glass cockpit" feel while we
are still waiting for G1000 prices to come down :-) (probally a long
wait). I would suggest to anyone trying this to get the lightest, smallest
and highest resolution unit available, and try it out in daylight and
pitch darkness (yes, they can be too bright as well).

Old March 4th 04, 07:39 AM
C J Campbell

[...]

Sacking and pillaging Chicago should be pretty easy, seeing as how Mayor
Daley has already made considerable progress on the job.

Old March 4th 04, 02:15 PM
John T

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

"The best thing in life is to crush your enemy, to drive him like the
wind before you, and to hear the lamentations of his women."

Yeah, but you're missing the all important accent!

"The best thing in life is to cwush yu enemy, to dwive him like the wind
befo yu, and to heah the lamentations of his wimmen."

--
John T
http://tknowlogy.com/TknoFlyer