Wierd TFR in Mid California

Old May 18th 07, 05:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Flyin'[email protected]

Default Wierd TFR in Mid California

I loaded up the AOPA flight planner last night and notice a large area in
mid western California that had a TFR. The shape was odd, and it was way
bigger than anything I had seen. I read the text and it was controlled by
the USCG, but I could not find any reason for the TFR. Anyone have any
idea what this is for?

This is only for curiosity sake, since it is not like I would go flying way
up there anyway. ;-)

--
Mike Flyin'8
PP-ASEL
Old May 18th 07, 05:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_2_]

wrote:
I loaded up the AOPA flight planner last night and notice a large area in
mid western California that had a TFR. The shape was odd, and it was way
bigger than anything I had seen. I read the text and it was controlled by
the USCG, but I could not find any reason for the TFR. Anyone have any
idea what this is for?

ALL PILOTS should know this site:

http://tfr.faa.gov
Old May 18th 07, 05:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Flyin'[email protected]

Cool Thanks. I have been to that site many times, but did not think of it
for this case. Last night I do not think it said marine life rescue. It
seems that this is a rather large TFR for a fish. :-)

Anyway, I saw these whales in the river on the news last night. Did not
think they would make a TFR for that. Oh well.

Old May 18th 07, 06:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Al G[_2_]

wrote in message
Cool Thanks. I have been to that site many times, but did not think of it
for this case. Last night I do not think it said marine life rescue. It
seems that this is a rather large TFR for a fish. :-)

Anyway, I saw these whales in the river on the news last night. Did not
think they would make a TFR for that. Oh well.

It's a "security" issue.

Al G

Old May 18th 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
A Guy Called Tyketto

Old May 18th 07, 06:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On May 18, 9:14 am, wrote:
I loaded up the AOPA flight planner last night and notice a large area in
mid western California that had a TFR. The shape was odd, and it was way
bigger than anything I had seen. I read the text and it was controlled by
the USCG, but I could not find any reason for the TFR. Anyone have any
idea what this is for?

This is only for curiosity sake, since it is not like I would go flying way
up there anyway. ;-)

--
Mike Flyin'8
PP-ASEL
Temecula, CAhttp://flying.4alexanders.com

I don't see it now. Do you have the NOTAM number? We do often have
TFRs over Beale for unmanned aircraft but that doesn't sound like what
you are talking about. We also have a permanent Mickey Mouse TFR in
SoCal.

-robert

Old May 18th 07, 07:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
NVArt

ATC: Traffic Alert! Whales, flight of two, 12 O'Clock low!

Old May 18th 07, 07:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_2_]

NVArt wrote:
ATC: Traffic Alert! Whales, flight of two, 12 O'Clock low!

Have you ever read "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"? G
Old May 18th 07, 08:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On May 18, 12:32 pm, B A R R Y wrote:
NVArt wrote:
ATC: Traffic Alert! Whales, flight of two, 12 O'Clock low!

Have you ever read "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"? G

"I think I'll call it the ground... I wonder if it will be friends
with me?"