Garmin 396 to 496 software?

Old October 28th 07, 03:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
karl gruber[_1_]

Default Garmin 396 to 496 software?

I just upgraded to a 496. Is there some great software to transfer my user
waypoints and routes from a 396?

Thanks,
Karl
And a little SPAM he I hope this doesn't upset MX and Burnbutt.
http://tinyurl.com/2tg4pt

Old October 28th 07, 05:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

karl gruber wrote:
I just upgraded to a 496. Is there some great software to transfer my user
waypoints and routes from a 396?

Yep, here you go. It will take waypoints and routes from any GPS and
move it to any GPS.

http://www.easygps.com/
Old October 28th 07, 05:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

You can use the Garmin Mapsource software to do it. Just download it
from the Garmin webpage, hook up the 396, select "receive from device"
in Mapsource, when it's done, hook up the 496, and select "Send to
device". It will transfer all waypoints and routes.

Old October 28th 07, 03:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
karl gruber[_1_]

Default Garmin 396 to 496 software...now King Air 90

Thanks.......got it done last night.

Best,
Karl...496 equipped
Kind of like the A90 King Air I used to fly. Right by the door it said
"Radar Equipped." Too bad it wasn't equipped with a decent HEATER! It had a
strange system of pressurization for a turboprop. Even though there was
bleed air, Beech used a gear driven supercharger to supply pressurization.
It robbed 40 pounds of torque from the left engine.

The Janitrol heater was great, but it OFTEN went out. No amount of
maintenance, overhaul, new...would EVER keep it running. There was a great
knob to pull though. It was labeled "Supercharger Heat." I'd pull that and
the cabin would at least SMELL hot! I think pressurized air would then come
off the supercharger and bypass an inline heat exchanger.

Best again!

"Newps" wrote in message
. ..