Leaving the community

Old November 22nd 04, 01:15 AM
Dan Luke

"Matt Whiting" wrote:
That's morality and it doesn't involve religion. It only involves
evolution, something we evidently have a long way to go on. Some more
than others.

Now that is funny. Morality results from evolution. Best one I've
heard in a long time.

What's funny about it?
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old November 22nd 04, 02:41 AM
mike regish

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
mike regish wrote:

Morality is doing the right thing just because you know it's the right
thing to do, not because you think some magical being is going to strike
you down from above or send you to some imaginary hell.

Who determines what the "right things" are?

In my case, I do. Duh.

That's morality and it doesn't involve religion. It only involves
evolution, something we evidently have a long way to go on. Some more
than others.

Now that is funny. Morality results from evolution. Best one I've heard
in a long time.

Learning right from wrong comes from evolution. Or better said, learning
better ways of doing things...like talking rather than fighting.

mike regish

Old November 22nd 04, 02:42 AM
mike regish

Yep.

mike

wrote in message
So very true.

The world is overrunning with immoral religious types.

Old November 22nd 04, 03:08 AM
Brooks Hagenow

Dan Luke wrote:

"Matt Whiting" wrote:

That's morality and it doesn't involve religion. It only involves
evolution, something we evidently have a long way to go on. Some more
than others.

Now that is funny. Morality results from evolution. Best one I've
heard in a long time.

What's funny about it?

Depends on what kind of evolution you are talking about. Biological
evolution, then thats a good laugh. Societal evolution, maybe. But
what drives societal evolution? How about the beliefs of those with
influence. If those people are religious or had grown up with religious
influences, then maybe that also deserves a chuckle because then the
non-religious are ignorant to the fact they are living under religious law.
Old November 22nd 04, 03:32 AM
Matt Barrow

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

"Matt Whiting" wrote:
That's morality and it doesn't involve religion. It only involves
evolution, something we evidently have a long way to go on. Some more
than others.

Now that is funny. Morality results from evolution. Best one I've
heard in a long time.

What's funny about it?

It's inverted...that's what's funny about it.

--
Matt
---------------------

Old November 22nd 04, 03:33 AM
Brooks Hagenow

Bill Denton wrote:

Yea, those early Christians were influential as hell, weren't they?

I did not say the Christians were funny.
Old November 22nd 04, 03:47 AM
Dan Luke

"Brooks Hagenow" wrote:
Now that is funny. Morality results from evolution. Best one I've
heard in a long time.

What's funny about it?

Depends on what kind of evolution you are talking about. Biological
evolution, then thats a good laugh.

Why?

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old November 22nd 04, 03:49 AM
Dan Luke

"Matt Barrow" wrote:
Now that is funny. Morality results from evolution. Best one

I've
heard in a long time.

What's funny about it?

It's inverted...that's what's funny about it.

Sorry, I don't know what you mean by that; please explain.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM