This wednesday in Toulouse

Old August 31st 06, 01:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Stefan

Default This wednesday in Toulouse

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1101860/M/
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1101677/M/
Old August 31st 06, 06:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack[_1_]

("Stefan" wrote)
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1101860/M/
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1101677/M/

Fun!

More fun if they'd get to turn on the "smoke".

Wonder if this is how they'd do it in the 380's cockpit? g

Airshow smoke:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/dos...de/530939.html
"To activate your aircraft's airshow smoke, hit the ''/'' key during flight
and then type ''.smoke'' on the radio bar and hit the ''Enter'' key. To turn
off the smoke, repeat the above method."

Montblack

Old August 31st 06, 02:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kingfish

Stefan wrote:
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1101860/M/
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1101677/M/

Very cool - I saw those photos on Flight International's site
yesterday. Probably the only time we'll ever see A380s in formation.
Smoke trails would have been neat, but usually indicative of big
problems on a transport G

Reading between the lines, I think it was smart for Airbus to have
staged that display. With all the hype about the delays in the 380
program, they probably wanted to show that they're on track and could
use some positive press. One of those planes had flown for the first
time with the EA GP7200 engines (MSN9 / F-WWEA) less than a week before
to the formation flight.

Old August 31st 06, 06:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Stefan

Default This wednesday in Toulouse - the video

There is also a video of the event (Flash):

http://www.airbus.com/store/photolib..._320X 240.swf
Old September 1st 06, 12:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_4_]

"Montblack" wrote in message
("Stefan" wrote)
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1101860/M/
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1101677/M/

Fun!

More fun if they'd get to turn on the "smoke".

The smoke will be later, in the 380's certification process. g
--
Jim in NC