A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Life insurance for glider pilots

Old April 3rd 19, 09:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Life insurance for glider pilots

Shopping around for life insurance (yes, this is a special issue for pilots and life insurance costs a little more), my first though was to search rec.aviation.soaring to see if there was any information there. There was, but with the last posting being circa 2008! The posting included a phone number for Bob Deighton at Deighton Financial Services LLC in Florida. Holding little hope that that connection was good, I called the number and found Bob to be the MOST HELPFUL of a few other agents I spoke with -- and ultimately bringing in the best price. All these years later! Bob's current contact info is: cell- 941-685-8854 and . He's a good resource and worth the support of our community. Good luck with your insurance, happy landings.

Eric
ER
Old April 3rd 19, 09:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, April 3, 2019 at 4:02:55 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Shopping around for life insurance (yes, this is a special issue for pilots and life insurance costs a little more), my first though was to search rec.aviation.soaring to see if there was any information there. There was, but with the last posting being circa 2008! The posting included a phone number for Bob Deighton at Deighton Financial Services LLC in Florida. Holding little hope that that connection was good, I called the number and found Bob to be the MOST HELPFUL of a few other agents I spoke with -- and ultimately bringing in the best price. All these years later! Bob's current contact info is: cell- 941-685-8854 and . He's a good resource and worth the support of our community. Good luck with your insurance, happy landings.

Eric
ER

Good. And remember to distinguish these 3:

Ensu take the steps to prevent bad thing from happening.

Assu say that bad thing won't happen.

Insu promise to pay if bad thing happens.
Old April 3rd 19, 11:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

FWIW, I purchased life insurance about 10 years ago from Protective Life Insurance. They exclude coverage for non certified aircraft and I fly an experimental registered Ventus. In speaking to them (in writing) as long as the aircraft is certified in its country of origin, they were fine with it.
Old April 4th 19, 04:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud
external usenet poster

If I die I want it to be a real Tragedy! No life insurance for me
Old April 5th 19, 01:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C
external usenet poster

On Thursday, April 4, 2019 at 9:26:02 AM UTC-6, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
If I die I want it to be a real Tragedy! No life insurance for me

If?

You sir, are an optimist!
Old April 5th 19, 03:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SF
external usenet poster

We were applying for new Key Man life insurance a few years ago.
The first form asked if I was a pilot.
A few weeks later...The second form asked what kind of pilot I was, and some basic questions on ratings, flight hours, number of landings etc.
A few weeks after that, the third form arrived, it only had two questions on it.
1. Are you a glider instructor?
2. do you race gliders?
So someone there understands the appropriate risk factors. And yes my rate was significantly higher that my non flying partners.
Old April 8th 19, 10:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult
external usenet poster

On Friday, April 5, 2019 at 7:44:36 AM UTC-7, SF wrote:
We were applying for new Key Man life insurance a few years ago.
The first form asked if I was a pilot.
A few weeks later...The second form asked what kind of pilot I was, and some basic questions on ratings, flight hours, number of landings etc.
A few weeks after that, the third form arrived, it only had two questions on it.
1. Are you a glider instructor?
2. do you race gliders?
So someone there understands the appropriate risk factors. And yes my rate was significantly higher that my non flying partners.

Does being an instructor raise or lower the price?

(obviously racing raises it)