Clubs Still Flying List

Old April 1st 20, 03:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
joesimmers[_2_]

Default Clubs Still Flying List

I did check the toilet paper supply today at the gliderport and they were down to their last roll, so I loaned them one.

Since it was only a loan do you plan to take it back
when they are done with it?
Old April 1st 20, 04:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Since it was only a loan do you plan to take it back
when they are done with it?

Shouldn't be a problem. He only used one side. Wash your hands, and don't pick yer nose.

Old April 1st 20, 07:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GliderCZ

On Monday, March 30, 2020 at 1:26:19 PM UTC-7, Bob Youngblood wrote:
On Monday, March 30, 2020 at 3:41:15 PM UTC-4, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
Hear hear....although I usually look at birds (other than seagulls....)....whatever, a save is a save.....
Politics, religion, sexual preference is something for a possible hanger discussion....flying is a better set of rules!

We could have save a few bucks and helped society much better if the package had not included 25 million for the Kennedy Center, 350 Million for refugee resettlement, 75 million to PBS, and 25 million to congressional salaries. Am I missing the point here??? I saw nothing in the package for glider pilot relief tubes. Bob

Yes, you ARE missing the point. Although you may not value them, public service, arts and culture do contribute to our civil life. The Kennedy Center is a national institution that employs craftspeople, maintenance workers, ushers and others who raise families, send their kids to college and pay taxes--just like most of us. Artists and musicians contribute intangible value to our lives. PBS likewise.

Perhaps they are just as deserving as the small-business commercial glider operations and suppliers who support our esoteric pursuits. I hope they all can benefit from the relief package.

Oh, and please do a fact check on congressional salary plus-ups. They're not in the package, although support for ongoing congressional support operations may be.

Sorry, but I've never made a political comment in this newsgroup, but I'm getting pretty discouraged by the tone and tenor of this conversation, especially when we're facing the loss of hundreds of thousand of innocent folk in this country and around the world.

Carl Czech (CZ)
San Diego

Old April 1st 20, 07:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 2:14:40 AM UTC-4, GliderCZ wrote:
[...]

The bill included 25 million as operational expenses for the House Of Representatives.
Old April 1st 20, 04:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

[...]

If these things had value they wouldn't need public money.
Old April 1st 20, 09:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Sunday, March 29, 2020 at 11:21:32 AM UTC-4, wrote:
What clubs are still flying? I’d like to get a feel for what’s really happening out there in the “actual” not simulated soaring scene. Us at central alabama soaring are still in the air albit with limited and heavy precautionary activities. Just solo flying. I towed a few on friday and wanted to fly myself but we have the same age old non-viral related problem, lack of tow pilots.

Costal soaring club down in the panhandle of FL flew yesterday with 8 flights so they are still doing things. Any other clubs in non-epidemic areas still flying?
Dan

Looks like our great Governor , Ron Desantis, has pretty much shut down the state to all except essential businesses. Really puts a damper on flying gliders, guess I can bring one home and fly from the home strip.
Old April 1st 20, 09:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I define soaring as essential, and for us anyways its surely not much of a business lol
Old April 2nd 20, 12:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Bob

That's what we'd been doing here but our tow plane is down for an annual.
Old April 2nd 20, 02:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

If these things had value they wouldn't need public money.

Well, on that rationale I guess these institutions don't have much value either, like Wells Fargo, Citi, JPMorgan, (they or their subsidiary are in to the red to the Treasury). Not to mention everyone on the list that took loans, that is also "public money".

https://projects.propublica.org/bailout/list

Old April 2nd 20, 02:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, April 2, 2020 at 9:03:09 AM UTC-4, wrote:
If these things had value they wouldn't need public money.

Well, on that rationale I guess these institutions don't have much value either, like Wells Fargo, Citi, JPMorgan, (they or their subsidiary are in to the red to the Treasury). Not to mention everyone on the list that took loans, that is also "public money".

https://projects.propublica.org/bailout/list

Those examples don't just lack value, they are a pox on the country.