video of last weeks trip to Bishop

Old July 3rd 17, 10:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

Default video of last weeks trip to Bishop

Rough, but only 4 minutes long :-) Four days of fantastic flying, great weather, and wonderful company. Can't wait till next year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7_oTTNYuBc

Matthew Herron (22T)
Old July 4th 17, 01:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Opitz

At 21:22 03 July 2017, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
Rough, but only 4 minutes long :-) Four days of fantastic flying, great
weather, and wonderful company. Can't wait till next year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7_oTTNYuBc

Matthew Herron (22T)

Thanks, Matt. Great video. Brings back lots of memories of Minden
contests down the Sierra to Independence, across the Owens Valley, Up
the Whites to Coaldale and back to Minden - all in 3.5 hours at an
average speed of 100 mph.... pushing over to hold at or below FL 180
along the White Mountains cloudstreet which was 60 miles long and had
bases up at FL210 - had to maintain 120 KIAS at FL 179 in order not to
get sucked up into Class A airspace, but had a hang glider go by at
least 1000' above me. Final glide started 95 miles out at Coaldale...
I flew much of the flight with, and alongside Klaus Holighaus. After the
flight, Klaus walks up to me just shaking his head and says "You know
Mike, we in Europe are severely underprivileged...." What a great
soaring arena......... My favorite Tom Petty song too....
RO