Annual Pinckneyville Flyin Gathering

Old February 16th 04, 06:11 AM
Del Rawlins

In Highfllyer wrote:
Spring is coming again. The ice is melting most places. :-)

The spring get together for the rec.aviation newsgroups at
Pinckneyville Airport is scheduled for May 21, 22, and 23 this year.

Welcome back Highflier. Stick around, the newsgroup has been on a
fairly even keel lately.

Del Rawlins-
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/
Old February 16th 04, 07:03 AM
El Roto

Default Annual Pinckneyville Flyin Gathering

"Highfllyer" wrote in message
Spring is coming again. The ice is melting most places. :-)

The spring get together for the rec.aviation newsgroups at Pinckneyville
Airport is scheduled for May 21, 22, and 23 this year.

John and Mary are putting together a great menu and lots of good drinks

and
chow. Hangar flying extraordinary. See all those folks who you "know"

from
the newsgroups. :-)

Pinckneyville airport ( PJY ) is easy to get to. Fly in, drive in, or
bicycle. Whatever works. Just come on by.

Information queries or just to let us know you are coming so we can plan

our
shopping for groceries, drop an e-mail to .

There is free camping on the field for everyone. Bathrooms, but no

showers.
We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the Highflight Aviation hangar

for
everyone.

If you want indoor accomodations, the Mainstreet Inn, in Pinckneyville, is
the "official" motel. We usually fill it up for the flyin weekend so
transportation is not a problem for those of you who fly in to the flyin!
To be sure of a room call them at 618-357-2128.

Also a lot of folks stay at the OxBow Bed and Breakfast, so there is ample
transportation there also. Call them to be sure of getting in at
618-357-9839 or 800-929-6888.

These places do fill up that weekend, so get in early if you are planning

be here.

We have a lot of fun. Fly all day and talk about flying all night.

Highflyer
Highflight Aviation Services
Pinckneyville Airport ( PJY )

....where's my Parole Officer's card...

Old February 17th 04, 04:53 PM
Peter R.

Highfllyer ) wrote:

Pinckneyville

How do you say this name?

--
Peter

Old February 17th 04, 07:23 PM
El Roto

"Peter R." wrote in message
Highfllyer ) wrote:

Pinckneyville

How do you say this name?

Depends on how late in the day it is. After dinner and drinks it's
"P'ville" or "here".

Old February 17th 04, 08:18 PM
Peter R.

O-ring Seals ) wrote:

Pink knee ville

But of course, just like it's spelled.

Thanks...

--
Peter

Old February 17th 04, 10:44 PM
John Galban

Peter R. wrote in message ...
Highfllyer ) wrote:

Pinckneyville

How do you say this name?

pink-knee-ville
Old February 18th 04, 12:53 AM
nauga

El Roto wrote:

After dinner and drinks it's "P'ville" or "here".

So is it going to be 'here' or 'there'
for you this year?

Dave 'here' Hyde

Old February 18th 04, 04:33 AM
El Roto

"nauga" wrote in message
ink.net...
El Roto wrote:

After dinner and drinks it's "P'ville" or "here".

So is it going to be 'here' or 'there'
for you this year?

Dave 'here' Hyde

The wife gave me two tasks to accomplish as prerequisites for attending this
year. I completed both today *and* completely redid the space under the
kitchen sink, including fresh contact paper!

I'm there barring plague or another major surgery.

Old February 19th 04, 04:53 PM
Dylan Smith

In article , El Roto wrote:
Pinckneyville

How do you say this name?

Depends on how late in the day it is. After dinner and drinks it's
"P'ville" or "here".

I thought it was "Wounded Knee"

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this year (project at $ork is
too busy right at that period). I'll try for next, and if I can make it,
I'll bring a bottle of Manx Spirit.

--
Dylan Smith, Castletown, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net