please stop bashing France

Old October 15th 03, 10:39 PM
BUFDRVR

Regardless of how well the removal of Saddam Hussein has gone, the pretence
for war was to remove a clear and present chemical and/or biological threat.
It's kind of clear there wasn't one, which was France's opinion all along
(and the reason for the veto against the stated reason for war) and now all
those offensive vetoing nations have been proved right. Isn't it time Bush
made an apology to the French people for all the slurs his politicians and
populace have so mistakenly made, live on international TV? :^)

Disagreeing with the US position was absolutely acceptable. Vetoing a UN
resolution (even though one was never submitted) would have been acceptable as
well. Telling eastern Europe that if they want in to the EU they need to stop
supporting the US crosses the line from working in your own national self
interest to interfering in an other countries percieved national self interest.
Totally unacceptable from a supposed "friendly" nation.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old October 15th 03, 10:46 PM
BUFDRVR

When I hear a whiney kid point at an old house (say 40 years+)
and go "Gee Ma, is that a castle?" it's hard not to be rude.

You're kidding right? You want to swap stupid tourist stories? Every nation has
them. I was walking down the main street in Hoboken NJ listening to a German
(or Belgian or Dutch or Danish, couldn't really tell), ask his American buddy
if Hoboken was part of New York City. Unlike you, his friend replied politely
(pointing east across the Hudson); "that's NYC, we're still in New Jersey". I
got a chuckle out of it, but would not have been so French as to laugh out
loud.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old October 15th 03, 11:39 PM
Chad Irby

In article ,
guy wastiaux wrote:

I'll admit something to please you : many ppl in France disagree with
the US position on Iraq, some quite violently. However, a lot of this
flaming comes from the lower, less-educated France (in my opinion).

I guess summing up most of France's media as "lower" and "less educated"
is pretty appropriate, then.

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old October 15th 03, 11:40 PM
Chad Irby

In article ,
"Franck" wrote:

Read the Kay report. Not the "press summaries," the actual report.

They had an ongoing program, materials, labs, and a lot of stockpiles we
haven't had a chance to even look at yet.

open you eyes.

I have. You haven't.

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old October 15th 03, 11:41 PM
Chad Irby

In article ,
"Pierre-Henri Baras" wrote:

"Chad Irby" a écrit dans le message de news:

Oh great, a revisionist.

I'm still waiting for that "front page" news reporting you were talking
about.

Instead of the half-hearted attempts at passing off opinion pieces off
as "news."

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old October 15th 03, 11:44 PM
Chad Irby

In article ,
"ArVa" wrote:

"Chad Irby" a écrit dans le message de
m...

Are you seriously denying that there was a French bashing campaign in
the US?

Yes. There was not, by any stretch, a campaign to bash the French for
their pathetic actions of this year.

The French got bashed, for sure, but it was not anything like a
"campaign," and not that common, compared to the official French line of
portraying the US as an evil empire in the making.

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old October 15th 03, 11:56 PM
Mike

Colonial power?Germany?...hum!...
what you say is true France+Germany+Belgium are only 3 countries...under 25,
but also remember how much of the EU gnp those three represent....
France and Germany,except Germany (lol),can make good food,but can also
make 3 times the national product of the ten new countries,Poland included.
Sorry,but that is a fact,and that counts also.

"lekomin inc" a écrit dans le message de news:
Stop calling "europeans" anybody living in Europe and not being british.

I'm
Polish as a matter of fact and I hate using "Europe" and "France and
Germany" as synonyms. Actually if you take the number of countries for and
against Iraqi Freedom both the current 15 EU and the post-2004 enlargement
EU was FOR the US. The French the Germans and the Belgians are a funny

bunch
of people that can make good food (except for the Germans of course..) but
they still live the lives of forgone colonial powers.
take care
lekomin inc

Old October 16th 03, 12:04 AM
Mike

Totally true!

"Pierre-Henri Baras" a écrit dans le message de news:

"Chad Irby" a écrit dans le message de news:
"IO" wrote:

If you want to criticize Chirac ok... But please don't say that all

the
french are monkeys or make stupid and false comments on French

cowardy...

Well, I haven't been, but with so many French papers and media outlets
putting out "America is evil!" content, it has to go back somewhere.

Example please?? Apart from right and left wing extremist tablids, you'll
find NO front page as outragous as some US papers were during the
french-bashing period.
Didn't you understand that the "Amercia is evil" myth is just to justify
more French bashing????
If you want to do some research to back your claims, the major french

papers
are LeMonde, LeFigaro, Liberation, LeParisien, France-Soir, LeCanrad
Enchainé. Major TV channels are TF1, Fr2, FR3, Canal+ and M6.
Please don't back your claims with stuff you saw on Fox or read in the
NYPost.
If ou want info or example on the French cultural scene, I'd be glad to
help.

Pierre-Henri BARAS

Co-webmaster de French Fleet Air Arm
http://www.ffaa.net