Stop the Noise

Old June 17th 05, 03:24 PM
Skylune

No. But I heartily support there efforts, and it is very encouraging that
the Massachusetts court has chosen to hear this issue after the AOPA/FAA
cabal tried to nix it.

People should not be driven into their basements so that pilots can
practice stunts over their homes. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know all about the
FARs and how the pilots claim they are flying legally.....

Now, lets see what the courts have to say.

Old June 17th 05, 03:49 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Skylune" wrote in message
lkaboutaviation.com...

No. But I heartily support there efforts,

I'm not at all surprised.

and it is very encouraging that the Massachusetts court has chosen to hear
this issue after the AOPA/FAA cabal tried to nix it.

How is that encouraging?

People should not be driven into their basements so that pilots can
practice stunts over their homes.

People aren't driven into their basements so that pilots can practice stunts
over their homes.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know all about the FARs

That seems unlikely.

and how the pilots claim they are flying legally.....

That seems likely.

Now, lets see what the courts have to say.

Why is it an issue for the courts?

Old June 17th 05, 04:40 PM
Skylune

I suppose this is your idea of a point-by-point rebuttal?!

You clearly don't know squat about the case, and what is going on in
Groton. But you have your position. SOP.

Old June 17th 05, 05:19 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Skylune" wrote in message
lkaboutaviation.com...

I suppose this is your idea of a point-by-point rebuttal?!

I see you're unable to answer my questions.

You clearly don't know squat about the case, and what is going on in
Groton.

Actually, I'm very familiar with it. You are not.

But you have your position.

I haven't stated a position.

Old June 17th 05, 05:45 PM
Skylune

If you knew anything, you wouldn't ask the stupid question,
"Why is it an issue for the courts?"

Just like the other know it alls that said in other posts that there
aren't exclusion clauses in their life insurance policies for GA related
deaths. WRONG.

Old June 17th 05, 06:07 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Skylune" wrote in message
lkaboutaviation.com...

If you knew anything, you wouldn't ask the stupid question,
"Why is it an issue for the courts?"

Why do you believe it's a stupid question? Why don't you answer my
questions?

Just like the other know it alls that said in other posts that there
aren't exclusion clauses in their life insurance policies for GA related
deaths. WRONG.

How do you know what's in their insurance policies?

Old June 17th 05, 08:45 PM
Roger

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 12:45:33 -0400, "Skylune"
wrote:

If you knew anything, you wouldn't ask the stupid question,
"Why is it an issue for the courts?"

Just like the other know it alls that said in other posts that there
aren't exclusion clauses in their life insurance policies for GA related
deaths. WRONG.

Wayyyy back when I was a student I had to pay an extra $120 something
a year extra. The surcharge was dropped as soon as I earned my
license. The only exclusions on my policy are for doing aerobatics,
or flying for hire, but flying for hire on a PPL is prohibited by the
FARs.

It's as good in the airplane as it is driving a car.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Old June 18th 05, 12:18 AM
George Patterson

Skylune wrote:

Just like the other know it alls that said in other posts that there
aren't exclusion clauses in their life insurance policies for GA related
deaths. WRONG.

Many life insurance policies have an exclusion for aircraft crew members. None
that I have had contained exclusions for passengers in private aircraft. It's
extremely easy to find policies which do not have crew member exclusions.

The only time this becomes a problem is when an individual has an insurance
policy through his employer. These policies typically contain the crew member
exclusion, and the employee may be reluctant to buy a second full policy. It can
be a little difficult to find a policy that covers you *only* when you're
piloting a private plane, but I believe that AOPA has secured such a thing.

George Patterson
Why do men's hearts beat faster, knees get weak, throats become dry,
and they think irrationally when a woman wears leather clothing?
Because she smells like a new truck.
Old June 18th 05, 05:46 AM
Roger

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 23:18:15 GMT, George Patterson
wrote:

Skylune wrote:

Just like the other know it alls that said in other posts that there
aren't exclusion clauses in their life insurance policies for GA related
deaths. WRONG.

Many life insurance policies have an exclusion for aircraft crew members. None
that I have had contained exclusions for passengers in private aircraft. It's
extremely easy to find policies which do not have crew member exclusions.

The only time this becomes a problem is when an individual has an insurance
policy through his employer. These policies typically contain the crew member

My company policy only stated that I could not act as a crew member of
a company aircraft while on company business. Even out air crews
could not act as aircrew outside their job. IE, if they had to go to
a seminar and take company aircraft to get there, they could not act
as crew while on that particular flight. However it did cover me
while flying my own plane as long as it wasn't for the company.

However, if I took vacation the day before a confernece and flew my
own plane to that city and stayed at least an extra day they did not
complain, or at least the insurrance company didn't. Some of the
bosses didn't like it, but they never did anything about it, nor did
they ever say anything to me. My vacation time was my time.

Old June 18th 05, 10:48 PM
Darrel Toepfer

Skylune wrote:

Just like the other know it alls that said in other posts that there
aren't exclusion clauses in their life insurance policies for GA related
deaths. WRONG.

AOPA gives free life insurance with membership...

Stop the noise airads Owning 112 July 6th 04 06:42 PM
Stop the noise airads Aerobatics 131 July 2nd 04 01:28 PM
Stop the noise airads General Aviation 88 July 2nd 04 01:28 PM
Stop the noise airads Piloting 169 July 2nd 04 01:28 PM
Stop The Noise petitions FAA to increase N number size Earl Grieda Piloting 19 April 26th 04 04:46 AM