Quad City Airshow & Golden Wings Museum Pix & Video

Old June 10th 06, 10:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Quad City Airshow & Golden Wings Museum Pix & Video

Last month Jim Burns and I flew our families up to Anoka-Blaine
Airport, near Minneapolis, to visit Montblack and to take in the sights
at the Golden Wings Museum. Montblack arranged for a private tour of
the museum -- which houses some fantastic aircraft from the "Golden
Age" of flight -- and we all had an outstanding time.

See: http://www.alexisparkinn.com/2006_flight_to_anoka.htm for some
pix.

Then, last weekend we flew to Davenport, Iowa, to attend the annual
Quad City Airshow. This airshow has grown into a world-class affair,
with the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds alternating years, and a plethora
of other outstanding airshow acts in between.

See: http://www.alexisparkinn.com/2006_quad_city_airshow.htm for
pictures of the show, and some pretty decent video of the Blue Angels.

Enjoy!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old June 11th 06, 05:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jay Honeck wrote:
Montblack arranged for a private tour of
the museum -- which houses some fantastic aircraft from the "Golden
Age" of flight -- and we all had an outstanding time.

And all I get are threats of "the lumpy pillow". Hmmm, maybe I need to
start being nice(er) to Paul :-) Hey, just kidding there, Mr. provider
of camping gear to the useful load challenged :-) Um...you did get my
list via e-mail, right?

Nice pix. BTW Jay. I like the "insert kid name here on a tank" sequence.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-Instrument Airplane

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old June 11th 06, 07:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

("Jack Allison" wrote)
Um...you did get my list via e-mail, right?

Everything (and then some g) on the list is a go!

I'll be in touch this week...

Montblack
Old June 11th 06, 01:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Montblack arranged for a private tour of
the museum -- which houses some fantastic aircraft from the "Golden
Age" of flight -- and we all had an outstanding time.

And all I get are threats of "the lumpy pillow". Hmmm, maybe I need to
start being nice(er) to Paul

Weird thing is, I *tried* to buy him a Snickers bar -- and he turned me
down, instead favoring the left-over wilted lettuce salad that he had out in
his 105-degree car!

So, see, being nice doesn't always help... ;-)

The tour was really cool. To be able to actually GET INSIDE some of these
classic aircraft was truly a unique opportunity. I mean, it's one thing to
see Molt Taylor's flying car in a museum -- it's another thing entirely to
sit inside it. To be able to put your hand on the wheel, and see how the
flight controls interlinked with the driving controls was awfully exciting.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old June 11th 06, 01:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Everything (and then some g) on the list is a go!

Uh oh. I just felt a ripple in the Force.

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old June 11th 06, 02:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In article 32Uig.26702$No1.21376@attbi_s71,
"Jay Honeck" wrote:

Everything (and then some g) on the list is a go!

Uh oh. I just felt a ripple in the Force.

That wasn't a ripple... that was a disturbance!
Old June 11th 06, 02:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Hey, if you guys need anything, or want me to pick anything up that Paul
doesn't have room for, let me know. I'd be happy to run it over to OSH Sat
or Sun.
Jim

("Jack Allison" wrote)

Old June 11th 06, 04:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message ps.com...
Last month Jim Burns and I flew our families up to Anoka-Blaine
Airport, near Minneapolis, to visit Montblack and to take in the sights
at the Golden Wings Museum. Montblack arranged for a private tour of
the museum -- which houses some fantastic aircraft from the "Golden
Age" of flight -- and we all had an outstanding time.

Speaking of Golden Age aircraft, has anyone seen the birds at the museum at Creve Coeur (1h0) in St. Louis? Three
hangers packed with old birds, some that Lindbergh flew, most all airworthy and flown yearly. Lots of very cool planes
in the other hangars also... Great stop if you are in the area!

Old June 11th 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Jay Honeck" wrote:

Everything (and then some g) on the list is a go!

Uh oh. I just felt a ripple in the Force.

That wasn't a ripple... that was a disturbance!

Yeah, when Paul has gas...well, let's just say that we use the word
"aftershock" out here in earthquake land...you...um get my (or rather
Paul's) drift. Maybe he's starting early testing beer/brat
combinations...as part of the official PMC 2.0 field trials.

Sorry...couldn't help it...first Jay, then Mr. "Smith", and, well, you
know, it was just a natural progression. Why yes Paul, that lumpy
pillow is sounding just fine right about now :-)

Old June 11th 06, 07:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jim Burns wrote:
Hey, if you guys need anything, or want me to pick anything up that Paul
doesn't have room for, let me know. I'd be happy to run it over to OSH Sat
or Sun.

Ah...good to know that should we exceed the useful load of the airplane
of minivans, that we have a backup. Then again, it figures, coming from
an Aztec driver. :-)

You mean, you need an excuse to run over to OSH Sat/Sun? The fact that
the Honeck, Allison, and whoever else wants to fly from IOW are showing
up isn't enough? :-)

Seriously though, will do letting you know. Thanks!