HISTORY CHANNEL TONIGHT - Roger Long - Titanic

Old February 26th 06, 11:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

Default HISTORY CHANNEL TONIGHT - Roger Long - Titanic

Our own g ...Roger Long will be on the HISTORY CHANNEL tonight at 9/8 C.

Titanic's Final Moments: Missing Pieces

http://www.historychannel.com/titanic/
"In August 2005, John Chatterton and Richie Kohler, hosts of Deep Sea
Detectives, led an expedition to the wreck of RMS Titanic. Diving 2½ miles
down in Russian submersibles, they searched outside the known debris field
for new evidence. On their final dive they made an extraordinary find: two
large intact sections of the bottom hull of the Titanic in pristine
condition with the red bottom paint still on them. For four months, a team
of historians, marine architects, and engineers has been conducting a
forensic analysis of this find. All agree that it's the most significant new
discovery since the wreck was located in 1985. Analysis is ongoing, but
preliminary indications are that these bottom sections will change our
understanding of how the ship broke apart, and rewrite the story of the
final moments of the Titanic. TVPG cc"

http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/
Roger's site

Montblack

Old February 27th 06, 01:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

Montblack wrote:

[...]

He's been teasing the heck out of me with this for a couple of weeks now!
But I don't get the History channel!!!!

Old February 28th 06, 01:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

rckchp wrote:

Rodger did a great job on the Titanic show....in my opinion, his theory
about the "mechanics" of the sinking are the most plausible I've seen
so far. Kudos Rodger!

Rich A.

WELL?????

How about a quick synopsis???

Old February 28th 06, 02:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

"Richard Lamb" wrote in message
ink.net...
rckchp wrote:

Rodger did a great job on the Titanic show....in my opinion, his theory
about the "mechanics" of the sinking are the most plausible I've seen
so far. Kudos Rodger!

Rich A.

WELL?????

How about a quick synopsis???

Yes...for those of us that eschewed cable, satellite, and even rabbit ears
antennas many moons ago.

Old March 2nd 06, 02:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

The Titanic program will be rebroadcast this coming Sat. (March 4th) at
5 & 10 pm on The History Channel. I'll need to watch again and take
notes before I attempt to give a review.

Rich A.