Thunderchief.org Now Open

Old August 9th 04, 08:52 PM
Paul Hirose

Default Thunderchief.org Now Open

Oops, the first thing I should have mentioned is the webmaster email
address on your site. It's unprotected from spambots. Maybe you should
remove it temporarily until countermeasures are installed. In the
meantime, people can communicate with you via the guestbook.

This article presents the results of an experiment where email
addresses were deliberately placed in various places to see how much
spam they would attract. Addresses on Web pages drew lots of spam.

http://www.cdt.org/speech/spam/030319spamreport.shtml

--

Paul Hirose
To reply by email delete INVALID from address.

Old August 10th 04, 03:00 AM
Frank Hitlaw

Ed Rasimus wrote in message . ..
Ahh, now that I'm basking in the relative relief of a diligently
exercised kill-file, I've finally stopped screwing around and created
a Web site. www.thunderchief.org.

(I'm not really an entire ".org" all by myself, but someone years
earlier than I already grabbed onto the .com and .net domain names.)

I confess, its a merciless flogging of the books, first and foremost,
but there is also some political discussion, some unpublished work,
some pictures that didn't make it to the books, some reviews and
comments about the two books, and even a section for some wines and
restaurants.

There will be lots of stuff added along the way, but right now there's
enough to get started.

Take a look and let me know what you think. www.thunderchief.org

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
"Phantom Flights, Bangkok Nights"
Both from Smithsonian Books
***www.thunderchief.org

Ed;

We are about as far apart as anyone can get in our political
thinking for sure.But, I really think that the site is excellent and I
am looking forward to more great flying stories. I think that another
topic for a book should be more toward the nuts and bolts of being a
fighter pilot.Some of your posts dealing with tactics and the hows and
whys of fighting and flying are exceptional.
Keep the good stuff coming,
Frank;
Old August 15th 04, 01:51 AM
Merlin Dorfman

Ed Rasimus wrote:
Ahh, now that I'm basking in the relative relief of a diligently
exercised kill-file, I've finally stopped screwing around and created
a Web site. www.thunderchief.org.

(I'm not really an entire ".org" all by myself, but someone years
earlier than I already grabbed onto the .com and .net domain names.)

Is "thud.com" taken? :-)

Old August 15th 04, 04:18 PM
Ed Rasimus

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 00:51:24 +0000 (UTC), Merlin Dorfman
wrote:

Ed Rasimus wrote:
Ahh, now that I'm basking in the relative relief of a diligently
exercised kill-file, I've finally stopped screwing around and created
a Web site. www.thunderchief.org.

(I'm not really an entire ".org" all by myself, but someone years
earlier than I already grabbed onto the .com and .net domain names.)

Is "thud.com" taken? :-)

It probably is. It is a bit of an affectation I know, but I'm from the
period of F-105 drivers who don't use the term. If you've read "When
Thunder Rolled" you'll only find "Thud" used one time--that is in
reference to Thud Ridge, the landmark.

By late '66 and almost universally from '67 onward, the cross-trainees
that flowed into the aircraft began referring to it as the "Thud", but
if you talk to guys who were in the airplane prior to that time,
you'll find most of them calling it the "one-oh-five", the "'Chief",
the "Nickel" or some other pet name.

I've already got www.phantomflights.com in construction, focussed on
the new book as it gets closer to release. There is some info (and the
not-to-be-published pictures) from Phantom Flights on the
Thunderchief.org site. The cover blurbs from Walter Boyne, Mark
Berent, Tom Wilson, Dan Ford and Robin Olds are posted as well.