Why was the USAF.....................

Old January 11th 04, 05:25 PM
JSH5176

Someone wrote,,

So, you were just an SP (e.g: AF cop?) Now that explains a LOT!
Reminds me of the time some pompous jackass SP who was publically
chewing out a mechanic at the front gate simply for having a bit of
grease on his uniform.

Now I don't know what world you come from, but i can assure you that a greasy
uniform on a maitenance troop was the last thing any cops that i worked with
would ever worry about. Dan may not have been a "full blown" SP, but i was for
10 yrs in SAC. I've sen uniforms on mechanics that were so black they didn't
even look like uniforms and not once did any SP that I ever HEARD of got bent
because of that. Now on the other hand, you enter the restricted area or
violate a no lone zone and you'd have a whole new definition oh hurt!!!

Jim
SAC COP
78-88

Old January 11th 04, 09:54 PM
Dave Holford

Mike Marron wrote:

Thank you. I rest my case.

I'm so relieved!
Old January 12th 04, 01:40 AM
Alan Minyard

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 19:18:29 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:

"Mike Marron" wrote in message
.. .

Of course not. A preemptive strike "wherever terrorists hide, or run,
or plan" (e.g: Afghanistan, Indonesia, Iraq, etc. etc...)

Right. Kill all the terrorists before they can commit terror. Yup, that's
what the Air Force shoulda done.

Yep, and they should have prevented that ENRON thing too. :-)
Old January 12th 04, 01:40 AM
Alan Minyard

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 18:38:41 GMT, Mike Marron wrote:

Dave Holford wrote:
Mike Marron wrote:

A preemptive strike, perhaps? Recall the Israeli attack on the Osiraq
nuclear powerplant near Baghdad back in 1981.

On where - Florida where they were taking pilot training?

Of course not. A preemptive strike "wherever terrorists hide, or run,
or plan" (e.g: Afghanistan, Indonesia, Iraq, etc. etc...)

Oh, now I get it, we should have killed every Moslem in the world!!
And Germany, France and the UK because terrorist cells existed
in those countries!!

Al Minyard

Old January 12th 04, 02:37 AM
Pete

"Chad Irby" wrote

The 6" diameter arrestor cables for the B-52N were also a bit of a
problem, and were a pain to clear. Not to mention the three tailhooks
and how they were fitted to the fuselage, which reduced the bombload and
occasionally got caught on trees in low-level flight.

Apparently, waveoffs were also an 'intersting' experience.

Pete

Old January 12th 04, 03:11 AM
Chad Irby

Well, they weren't so much "waveoffs' as "waveoh****s!"

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old January 12th 04, 05:02 PM

Chad Irby wrote:

In article ,
"Pete" wrote:

"Chad Irby" wrote

The 6" diameter arrestor cables for the B-52N were also a bit of a
problem, and were a pain to clear. Not to mention the three tailhooks
and how they were fitted to the fuselage, which reduced the bombload and
occasionally got caught on trees in low-level flight.

Apparently, waveoffs were also an 'intersting' experience.

Well, they weren't so much "waveoffs' as "waveoh****s!"

Closely followed by "D U C K ! !" delivered at 150 db
--

-Gord.