Flair vs flare

Old June 26th 06, 08:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Flair vs flare

Bob Gardner wrote
I "built" (was first CO of) the USCG loran station at Gesashi on the
north end of the island 1963-64, and belonged to the Kadena Flying
Club. Lived with the Marines (Camp Schwab) while the station was under
construction.

That would have been LORAN A....right? :-)
We were blessed with coupled INS/DOPPLER, quite a change from the LORAN A
sets that we had in the P-2s.

Bob

Old June 27th 06, 01:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Bob Gardner wrote
It was a loran C station. In 1959-60 I had done the same thing on St.
Paul Island in the Pribilofs...that one was a combined loran A/C
station.

Interesting....I didn't think that "C" went that far back.

Bob
Old June 27th 06, 05:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

When I was in the communications division at USCG HQ in 1957-58, we handled
tons of messages about loran-C installations from Europe and the Middle
East. I remember Wheelus AFB in Libya specifically, but there were lots of
others.

Bob Gardner

"Bob Moore" wrote in message
. 121...
Bob Gardner wrote

Old June 27th 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Or when they say "criminality" instead of "crime" .

Gus
EGYC
"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
I get more upset about the misuse of the word prostrate when
they mean prostate.

"Bob Gardner" wrote in message
. ..
| It's hot in Seattle today, and my brain is not used to it.
|
| Bob
|
| wrote in message

oups.com...

| Bob Gardner wrote:
| I have
| searched this resource for two words: flair and flair.
|
| Hey! You did it too.
|
| please stop using the word
| "flair" when discussing landings.
|
| How about this:
| So if one is good at smooth landings, then that person
has a flair for
| the flare?
|
| :-)
|
| I do enjoy your books, though, and have recommended them
to many
| people. (BTW, did you search through them, just in
case?)

Old July 4th 06, 06:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

The worst is "few" when actually "a few" is intended. Nothing turns the
meaning on its head more

Ramapriya

Old July 5th 06, 08:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Roger[_2_]

On 3 Jul 2006 22:24:10 -0700, wrote:

The worst is "few" when actually "a few" is intended. Nothing turns the
meaning on its head more

I thought that was what the old horse said when asked if he'd like
some oats. The horse replied, "A few."

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Ramapriya

Old July 26th 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
[email protected][_1_]

John Clonts wrote:
Dave Butler wrote:
Bob Gardner wrote:

To make my reclining years more comfortable, please stop using the word
"flair" when discussing landings.

*** Proper flair involves good use of the yolk and rudder peddles. And
if you do it
right, you get to taxi back to your hanger .

- Jerry Kaidor

Flare vs flair Bob Gardner Piloting 23 June 27th 06 12:50 AM
The Two-Handed Flare Larry Dighera Piloting 20 September 28th 05 10:55 PM
Tamed by the Tailwheel [email protected] Piloting 84 January 18th 05 04:08 PM
Wheelbarrowing and Flare Ramapriya Piloting 39 January 2nd 05 03:32 AM
37 degree flare, 1/8" stainless Richard Riley Home Built 8 August 29th 03 04:21 AM