Jim Burns is An Old Man Today

Old March 6th 06, 08:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Default Jim Burns is An Old Man Today

("Jay Honeck" wrote)
Ahem. (tap-tap-tap --- Is this thing on...?)

Just an FYI to all of you rec.aviation regulars out the Jim Burns
turns the big FOUR-OH today, in Steven's Point, WI, U.S.A.

Happy. Happy.

My present to you, Jim:
I will NOT sing: "Haaaappy Birthday .....Mr President."

The Big '40' Birthday Party:

"Well it's 9:15 pm, we're all pretty tired (yawn). Why don't we call it a
night."

"So soon? The night is young."

"Yeah, but by the time we drive home, get ready for bed, let the dog out -
well, now you're talking 10:15 pm. Maybe even 10:30 pm! We just can't stay
out late like that anymore." g

Montblack - Turned 40 under Clinton ...you know what I mean!
(BTW, there's a beautiful 180 for sale over at my local airport)

Old March 6th 06, 09:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Montblack wrote:
The Big '40' Birthday Party:

Wait until you turn 50: you wake up in a puddle of drool with your teeth laying
on the pillow. And my dad tells me 80 is even better... you get to have a great
bowel movement every day. With any luck, you'll even wake up first!

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Old March 6th 06, 01:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote in message
Montblack wrote:
The Big '40' Birthday Party:

Wait until you turn 50: you wake up in a puddle of drool with your teeth
laying on the pillow. And my dad tells me 80 is even better... you get to
have a great bowel movement every day. With any luck, you'll even wake up
first!

IOW...what don't hurt, don't work!

Old March 6th 06, 01:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Thanks all.... actually my birthday isn't until the 19th, but this was the
closest opportunity for my wife to get everybody together so they could
abuse me.

Jim
(too many cold ones, too little cake)

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Ahem. (tap-tap-tap --- Is this thing on...?)

Just an FYI to all of you rec.aviation regulars out the Jim Burns

turns
the big FOUR-OH today, in Steven's Point, WI, U.S.A.

(His wife, Tami, promised him that we'd keep it quiet...)

:-)

Unfortunately, 1/8 mile vis with freezing rain and snow has kept us from
attending his surprise party today -- but perhaps you will all join us in
tipping a cold one in the general direction of Wisconsin for "old" Jim!

See Jim (or, at least, his awesome Aztec) in the Rec.Aviation Rogues
Gallery:

http://alexisparkinn.com/rogue's_gallery_a-h.htm#B

Blue skies, Jim!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 6th 06, 02:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Thanks all.... actually my birthday isn't until the 19th, but this was
the
closest opportunity for my wife to get everybody together so they could
abuse me.

Hey -- that gives us almost two more weeks to abuse you!

:-)

Hope you had a good one, bud. Wish we coulda made it up.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 6th 06, 02:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Hey -- that gives us almost two more weeks to abuse you!

That's what I'm afraid of!

Thanks for calling, sorry if I couldn't hear you too good, people in the
background were rather loud.

Jim

Old March 6th 06, 02:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

But 40 isn't old any more.

"Jim Burns" wrote in
message ...

Old March 6th 06, 02:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Yeah, I used to think 40 was "half way to dead", but people are living
longer. Now, 40 is almost like "half way to retirement".

Actually, I think my wife thinks more about turning 40 than I ever did.

Jim

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
But 40 isn't old any more.

"Jim Burns" wrote in
message ...

Old March 6th 06, 02:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

In rec.aviation.student Montblack wrote:

(BTW, there's a beautiful 180 for sale over at my local airport)

Cessna-180 or Cherokee-180?

Best regards,

Jer/ "Flight instruction and mountain flying are my vocations!"
--
Jer/ (Slash) Eberhard, Mountain Flying Aviation, LTD, Ft Collins, CO
CELL 970 231-6325 EMAIL jeratfrii.com http://users.frii.com/jer/
Old March 6th 06, 02:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

I just turned 60. Young girls* look just as good today as
they did to me 45 years ago and I'm just as afraid of them
now as I was then. -

I still feel just like I was 15 too. I used to ride horses
and wrangle a few. I now feel like I was just thrown and
stomped every morning when I drag may carc ass out of bed.

* of legal age

I plan on buying my red sports car and a Harley someday.

"Jim Burns" wrote in
message ...
| Yeah, I used to think 40 was "half way to dead", but
people are living
| longer. Now, 40 is almost like "half way to retirement".
|
| Actually, I think my wife thinks more about turning 40
than I ever did.

| Jim
|

| "Jim Macklin" wrote
in message
| But 40 isn't old any more.
|

| "Jim Burns" wrote in
| message ...
| | Hey -- that gives us almost two more weeks to abuse
you!
| |
| | That's what I'm afraid of!
| |
| | Thanks for calling, sorry if I couldn't hear you too
good,
| people in the
| | background were rather loud.
| |