LS1 F glider - question on spar pins

Old April 22nd 13, 03:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default LS1 F glider - question on spar pins

Hi
We just bought a LS1f with a partner.
I noticed that the 2 spar pins are not exactly of the same lenght, overall one pin is about 1 inch longer than the other one.
I would need advice from a LS1 F owner if he knows the reason behing this and where the longer spin goes. Does it goes on the right or left side behind the pilot.
Thanks
Old April 23rd 13, 01:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair[_2_]

On Monday, April 22, 2013 7:10:53 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Hi

We just bought a LS1f with a partner.

I noticed that the 2 spar pins are not exactly of the same lenght, overall one pin is about 1 inch longer than the other one.

I would need advice from a LS1 F owner if he knows the reason behing this and where the longer spin goes. Does it goes on the right or left side behind the pilot.

Thanks

The SZD-55 does that too, guess they were trying to save some weight. Anyway, I would put both pins in one wing (just one wing) and look for the arrangement where both pins go completely through the spar. Recommend the pins be clearly marked with something like red tape on one pin with red around the correct spar pin hole.
JJ
Old April 29th 13, 11:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Alexander[_2_]

You should not be able to remove the spar pins from the fuselage..
You should only be able to move them out of the spar, and they stay
fixed in front of the spar. On my LS-1f, the spar pins slide out of
the spar, and remain forward of the spar by about two inches.

Email your address and I will send you pictures. I can also measure
the pins when I am out at the gliderport tomorrow.

Scott Alexander
liv2soar (at) yahoo (dot) com