O'Hare cuts, round two

Old April 29th 04, 03:58 AM
Big John

Default O'Hare cuts, round two

AW&ST 26 April.

American and United have cut 7.5 % of their flights at O'Hare to
pervent congestion. Dialog was strictly between FAA and the two
carriers. THE STATE OF ILLINOIS AND CITY OF CHICAGO WERE NOT INVOLVED
IN THE DISCUSSIONS.

Do you think Daley could go out and tear up some O'Hare R/W as they
won't need as much now?????

I also wonder how Boeing feels about the shutting down of air traffic
at O'Hare? Should have stayed in Seattle (.

Big John
Old April 29th 04, 04:02 AM
kage

Unfortunately, Boeing is not an aviation oriented company. They could care
less about the airports in Seattle or Chicago.

Karl

Old April 29th 04, 04:54 AM
Dave Stadt

"Big John" wrote in message

AW&ST 26 April.

American and United have cut 7.5 % of their flights at O'Hare to
pervent congestion. Dialog was strictly between FAA and the two
carriers. THE STATE OF ILLINOIS AND CITY OF CHICAGO WERE NOT INVOLVED
IN THE DISCUSSIONS.

Do you think Daley could go out and tear up some O'Hare R/W as they
won't need as much now?????

The cuts were made because O'Hare does not have enough runway capacity.
Your statement makes no sense.

I also wonder how Boeing feels about the shutting down of air traffic
at O'Hare? Should have stayed in Seattle (.

Why would Boeing care? They sell airplanes, they don't operate an airline.
OBTW, airtraffic was not shut down. I have no idea where you came up with
that nonsense. For the most part prime time flights were simply
re-scheduled to off hours to reduce late departures.

Big John

Old April 29th 04, 06:28 PM
Capt.Doug

"Big John" wrote in message Do you think Daley could go out and tear up
some O'Hare R/W as they won't need as much now?????

There are just as many flights. The FAA told the Big 2 at ORD to be
realistic and not schedule so many flights at prime time. Politics is a
factor, but Daley's name hasn't been mentioned.

Even with the re-scheduled flights, problems will arise. Yesterday's wind
was gusting to 28 knots which essentially leaves only 2 active runways. As a
result, we had a ground stop in excess of 4 hours.

D.

Old April 30th 04, 05:55 PM
John Harlow

Unfortunately, Boeing is not an aviation oriented company.

lol!

Old May 1st 04, 05:45 AM
Big John

Dave

Guess you didn't read my post???

I just 'quoted' AW&ST. If you have an argument then write them and
fight it out. Don't shoot the messenger.

As has been commented on, they basically cancelled and rescheduled
7.5% (up from 5%) of their flight to periods away from the peak demand
periods. No indications if they lost customers by not flying when
people wanted to go or not???? Lots of people won't fly 'red eye'.

The news as reported in AW&ST didn't help Chicago.

Big John
`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````````````````````````````

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 03:54:00 GMT, "Dave Stadt"
wrote:

.. .

Old May 1st 04, 06:27 AM
Dave Stadt

"Big John" wrote in message
Dave

Guess you didn't read my post???

I just 'quoted' AW&ST. If you have an argument then write them and
fight it out. Don't shoot the messenger.

As has been commented on, they basically cancelled and rescheduled
7.5% (up from 5%) of their flight to periods away from the peak demand
periods. No indications if they lost customers by not flying when
people wanted to go or not???? Lots of people won't fly 'red eye'.

The news as reported in AW&ST didn't help Chicago.

Big John

Certainly I read your post. My comments were directed at your comments
which make no sense. How did the report hurt Chicago? The situation has
nothing to do with Chicago other than O'Hare is in Chicago. The situation
is between the FAA, United and American. They are rescheduling flights to
improve on time records nothing more nothing less. All major airports go
through this from time to time. You provided no link to the article simply
a short quote followed by your comments. You are obviously trying to make a
mountain where there isn't even a mole hill. Daley is a jerk but this has
nothing to do with him or Boeing or shutting down air traffic. Sheeeesh.
Go find another windmill.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````````````````````
````````

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 03:54:00 GMT, "Dave Stadt"
wrote:

.. .

Old May 2nd 04, 05:51 AM
Big John

Dave

It's oblivious you don't understand a lot of things about flying and
the national air traffic system and also that you can't link a paper
magazine (AW&ST) to the Internet.

If you have been following the threads on Daley, Chicago, Meigs,
O'Hare, National Air Traffic Control System you would understand where
my comments were coming from

Since I don't have the time or inclination to educate you will let you
take the last at bat and I'll close the thread on this end.

Fly safe and have a nice day

Big John

On Sat, 01 May 2004 05:27:33 GMT, "Dave Stadt"
wrote:

"Big John" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````````````````````````
````````

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 03:54:00 GMT, "Dave Stadt"
wrote:

.. .

Old May 2nd 04, 11:29 PM
Dave Stadt

"Big John" wrote in message
Dave

It's oblivious you don't understand a lot of things about flying and
the national air traffic system and also that you can't link a paper
magazine (AW&ST) to the Internet.

If you have been following the threads on Daley, Chicago, Meigs,
O'Hare, National Air Traffic Control System you would understand where
my comments were coming from

Living and flying in the Chicago area I am extremely well versed on all of
the above. It is you that sees what is not there. Like I said, time for you
to move on to a new windmill.

Since I don't have the time or inclination to educate you will let you
take the last at bat and I'll close the thread on this end.

Fly safe and have a nice day

Big John

On Sat, 01 May 2004 05:27:33 GMT, "Dave Stadt"
wrote:

"Big John" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````````````````````

`
````````

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 03:54:00 GMT, "Dave Stadt"
wrote:

.. .

Old May 3rd 04, 01:48 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Big John wrote:

As has been commented on, they basically cancelled and rescheduled
7.5% (up from 5%) of their flight to periods away from the peak demand
periods. No indications if they lost customers by not flying when
people wanted to go or not???? Lots of people won't fly 'red eye'.

The news as reported in AW&ST didn't help Chicago.

John, the point is that nothing at Chicago changes here. Certain airlines have
shifted their schedules, but the total load at Chicago stays the same. In fact, if
American et.al. have shifted flights to less busy periods, the total traffic into/out
of Chicago has probably *increased*. O'Hare capacity hasn't decreased because of
Meigs.

George Patterson
If you don't tell lies, you never have to remember what you said.