New LXNAV Wi-Fi Module

Old February 27th 18, 11:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
waremark

Default New LXNAV Wi-Fi Module

I have it in an Arcus and use it to email flights and update firmware - both of which it does very easily. The rear seat unit has to have the firmware updated in the old fashioned way.

I do not use it for weather. I generally have my phone in flight mode while flying. I think you only get a phone signal when you are uncomfortably low in the UK.
Old February 27th 18, 08:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kiwi User

On Tue, 27 Feb 2018 02:59:09 -0800, waremark wrote:

I think you only get a phone signal when you are
uncomfortably low in the UK.

Confirmed: I remember sitting smack over the centre of Huntingdon at
3000ft on a really nice, calm weekday. I was circling by myself in a weak
thermal, so I Hauled out a phone to let a friend hear the vario at work
but got no signal. At all.

Most of England is so flat that there's no need for more than horizontal
RF coverage at or below the top of the cell antenna.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Old February 28th 18, 04:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Can the WiFi module be used with Condor so we can learn to use LX system over the winter?

New LXNAV S8 vario Paul Remde Soaring 5 October 12th 15 04:14 PM
LXNAV V7 - Reviews? David Reitter Soaring 10 October 21st 14 12:41 AM
LXNAV Flarmview [email protected] Soaring 2 September 29th 13 01:47 AM
New vario by LXNAV [email protected] Soaring 6 May 22nd 13 11:15 PM
LXNAV V7 Paul Remde Soaring 2 November 2nd 11 01:31 AM