Would you fly this one?

Old April 23rd 06, 11:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Would you fly this one?

http://1000aircraftphotos.com/Helicopters/999.htm

Would you fly this one?

The Monk

Old April 24th 06, 12:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft,rec.aviation.piloting

Sure! If I slip, just call me "Stumpy."

AJ

Old April 24th 06, 02:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft,rec.aviation.piloting

"Flyingmonk" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://1000aircraftphotos.com/Helicopters/999.htm

Would you fly this one?

I don't know. How much are you paying me?

Old April 24th 06, 02:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft,rec.aviation.piloting

Peter Duniho wrote:
"Flyingmonk" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://1000aircraftphotos.com/Helicopters/999.htm

Would you fly this one?

I don't know. How much are you paying me?

Five buckaroos big brother! g Kin I have yur boots if you fall?
:-))

The Monk

Old April 24th 06, 02:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft,rec.aviation.piloting

Holy Smoke!!

Its amazing that someone thought that would be a good idea.

Don W.

Old April 24th 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft,rec.aviation.piloting

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message
"Flyingmonk" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://1000aircraftphotos.com/Helicopters/999.htm

Would you fly this one?

I don't know. How much are you paying me?

You mean there's enough money out there to get you on that thing in the
first place??

Ash wrote:

Flyingmonk opined

http://1000aircraftphotos.com/Helicopters/999.htm

Would you fly this one?

At least a ballistic parachute would work.

-ash

ROTFLMAO! :-D

Old April 24th 06, 03:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft,rec.aviation.piloting

Its amazing that someone thought that would be a good idea.

http://1000aircraftphotos.com/Helicopters/999.htm

Would you fly this one?

Definitely!
The reason, why somebody tried this very good, but unusual (and at first
confusing) concept is:

As we all know, a helicopter is at least statically unstable. This is
one of the big disadvantages esp. in hovering.

BUT, if the CG is above the rotor disc, the whole things becomes
stable!!!

Old April 24th 06, 03:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft,rec.aviation.piloting

Flyingmonk opined

http://1000aircraftphotos.com/Helicopters/999.htm

Would you fly this one?

At least a ballistic parachute would work.

-ash
Cthulhu in 2005!
Why wait for nature?

Old April 24th 06, 03:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft,rec.aviation.piloting

Or how 'bout these huh?

http://i3.tinypic.com/wapyfd.jpg

This one actually flew. Can you imagine losing a blade? Can you
imagine stumbling on landing?

http://i3.tinypic.com/wapyxk.jpg

How's bout one w/ only one blade?
http://i3.tinypic.com/wapz6s.jpg
http://i3.tinypic.com/wapzeq.jpg

What's the deal w/ the counter weight? Why not have two blades and use
that dead weight to generate lift?

The Monk

Old April 24th 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft,rec.aviation.piloting

"Flyingmonk" wrote

Five buckaroos big brother! g Kin I have yur boots if you fall?
:-))

Nope. They will be chopped to shreds, if he fails! ;-)))
--
Jim in NC