identification please

Old January 30th 08, 10:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
mar

Default identification please

End of the 40's , begin 50's, doctor Giles from Griffin (USA) had an
engine-failure and crashed on the roof of a house that was damaged for $
1000.-
But what plane is it? I can read the registration: NC 156.
But several registers ara giving the wrong plane.(Beech)
Note the NACA cowl!!
Thank you in advance.
Sammy, the Netherlands

Old January 31st 08, 02:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Anyolmouse

"mar" wrote in message
| End of the 40's , begin 50's, doctor Giles from Griffin (USA) had an
| engine-failure and crashed on the roof of a house that was damaged
for $
| 1000.-
| But what plane is it? I can read the registration: NC 156.
| But several registers ara giving the wrong plane.(Beech)
| Note the NACA cowl!!
| Thank you in advance.
| Sammy, the Netherlands

Luscombe Photo

Luscombe - Hank Gallarate's Model 90A Monocoupe, based in Sonoma,
California

Posted By Denis Arbeau on 11/25/2000

Looks something like it. Horizonal stab is braced. The wing braces look
the same and the cowl looks like it matches.

--
Anyolmouse

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	299.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	22035
Old January 31st 08, 02:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Anyolmouse

"mar" wrote in message
| End of the 40's , begin 50's, doctor Giles from Griffin (USA) had an
| engine-failure and crashed on the roof of a house that was damaged
for $
| 1000.-
| But what plane is it? I can read the registration: NC 156.
| But several registers ara giving the wrong plane.(Beech)
| Note the NACA cowl!!
| Thank you in advance.
| Sammy, the Netherlands

After looking at your picture again it looks like there may be an 8 at
the end. NC 1568.

--
Anyolmouse

Old January 31st 08, 03:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
mar

"Anyolmouse" schreef in bericht

"mar" wrote in message
| End of the 40's , begin 50's, doctor Giles from Griffin (USA) had an
| engine-failure and crashed on the roof of a house that was damaged
for $
| 1000.-
| But what plane is it? I can read the registration: NC 156.
| But several registers ara giving the wrong plane.(Beech)
| Note the NACA cowl!!
| Thank you in advance.
| Sammy, the Netherlands

After looking at your picture again it looks like there may be an 8 at
the end. NC 1568.

--
Anyolmouse

100,000+ newsgroups

Yes, looking at the registration, it's maybe NC 15658.
In the registers it's named as Fairchild 24C8C.
Thank you for the resaerch.

Sammy

Old January 31st 08, 07:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Anyolmouse

"mar" wrote in message

| "Anyolmouse" schreef in bericht
|
| "mar" wrote in message
| | End of the 40's , begin 50's, doctor Giles from Griffin (USA) had
an
| | engine-failure and crashed on the roof of a house that was
damaged
| for $
| | 1000.-
| | But what plane is it? I can read the registration: NC 156.
| | But several registers ara giving the wrong plane.(Beech)
| | Note the NACA cowl!!
| | Thank you in advance.
| | Sammy, the Netherlands
| |
| |
| |

| After looking at your picture again it looks like there may be an 8
at
| the end. NC 1568.
|
| --
| Anyolmouse

| 100,000+ newsgroups
|
| Yes, looking at the registration, it's maybe NC 15658.
| In the registers it's named as Fairchild 24C8C.
| Thank you for the resaerch.
|
| Sammy

You're welcome. Where did you find it in the registers? An FAA search
that I tried would not work- too many numbers.
Are you satisfied that it is the right airplane?

--
Anyolmouse

Old February 1st 08, 12:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
mar

"mar" wrote in message

| "Anyolmouse" schreef in bericht
|
| "mar" wrote in message
| | End of the 40's , begin 50's, doctor Giles from Griffin (USA) had
an
| | engine-failure and crashed on the roof of a house that was
damaged
| for $
| | 1000.-
| | But what plane is it? I can read the registration: NC 156.
| | But several registers ara giving the wrong plane.(Beech)
| | Note the NACA cowl!!
| | Thank you in advance.
| | Sammy, the Netherlands
| |
| |
| |

| After looking at your picture again it looks like there may be an 8
at
| the end. NC 1568.
|
| --
| Anyolmouse

| 100,000+ newsgroups
|
| Yes, looking at the registration, it's maybe NC 15658.
| In the registers it's named as Fairchild 24C8C.
| Thank you for the resaerch.
|
| Sammy

You're welcome. Where did you find it in the registers? An FAA search
that I tried would not work- too many numbers.
Are you satisfied that it is the right airplane?

--
Anyolmouse

100,000+ newsgroups

Here the link to aerofiles registration N-Number/
http://aerofiles.com/regs-home.html

Yes, I'm sure(...) it is the Fairchild 24C8C: NC 15658.
Only 8 were built of this type.(Specaial engine)
Thank you.
Sammy

Old February 1st 08, 01:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Anyolmouse

"mar" wrote in message

| "Anyolmouse" schreef in bericht
|
| "mar" wrote in message
| |
| | "Anyolmouse" schreef in bericht
| |
| | "mar" wrote in message
| | | End of the 40's , begin 50's, doctor Giles from Griffin (USA)
had
| an
| | | engine-failure and crashed on the roof of a house that was
| damaged
| | for $
| | | 1000.-
| | | But what plane is it? I can read the registration: NC 156.
| | | But several registers ara giving the wrong plane.(Beech)
| | | Note the NACA cowl!!
| | | Thank you in advance.
| | | Sammy, the Netherlands
| | |
| | |
| | |
| |
| | After looking at your picture again it looks like there may be
an 8
| at
| | the end. NC 1568.
| |
| | --
| | Anyolmouse
| |
News
| | Provider ----
| | http://www.pronews.com offers corporate packages that have
access to
| | 100,000+ newsgroups
| |
| | Yes, looking at the registration, it's maybe NC 15658.
| | In the registers it's named as Fairchild 24C8C.
| | Thank you for the resaerch.
| |
| | Sammy
|
| You're welcome. Where did you find it in the registers? An FAA
search
| that I tried would not work- too many numbers.
| Are you satisfied that it is the right airplane?
|
| --
| Anyolmouse

| 100,000+ newsgroups
|

| Here the link to aerofiles registration N-Number/
| http://aerofiles.com/regs-home.html
|
| Yes, I'm sure(...) it is the Fairchild 24C8C: NC 15658.
| Only 8 were built of this type.(Specaial engine)
| Thank you.
| Sammy

I only see NC 1568 and by your list that is a Curtis Jennie?

--
Anyolmouse

Old February 1st 08, 02:41 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
mar

"mar" wrote in message

| "Anyolmouse" schreef in bericht
|
| "mar" wrote in message
| |
| | "Anyolmouse" schreef in bericht
| |
| | "mar" wrote in message
| | | End of the 40's , begin 50's, doctor Giles from Griffin (USA)
had
| an
| | | engine-failure and crashed on the roof of a house that was
| damaged
| | for $
| | | 1000.-
| | | But what plane is it? I can read the registration: NC 156.
| | | But several registers ara giving the wrong plane.(Beech)
| | | Note the NACA cowl!!
| | | Thank you in advance.
| | | Sammy, the Netherlands
| | |
| | |
| | |
| |
| | After looking at your picture again it looks like there may be
an 8
| at
| | the end. NC 1568.
| |
| | --
| | Anyolmouse
| |
News
| | Provider ----
| | http://www.pronews.com offers corporate packages that have
access to
| | 100,000+ newsgroups
| |
| | Yes, looking at the registration, it's maybe NC 15658.
| | In the registers it's named as Fairchild 24C8C.
| | Thank you for the resaerch.
| |
| | Sammy
|
| You're welcome. Where did you find it in the registers? An FAA
search
| that I tried would not work- too many numbers.
| Are you satisfied that it is the right airplane?
|
| --
| Anyolmouse

| 100,000+ newsgroups
|

| Here the link to aerofiles registration N-Number/
| http://aerofiles.com/regs-home.html
|
| Yes, I'm sure(...) it is the Fairchild 24C8C: NC 15658.
| Only 8 were built of this type.(Specaial engine)
| Thank you.
| Sammy

I only see NC 1568 and by your list that is a Curtis Jennie?

--
Anyolmouse

100,000+ newsgroups

Yes, that's right. So the combination 1568 is wrong.
But looking at the picture, there is some space between the numbers 6 and 8.
Space enough for another number. But wich?
I tried them all, from 1-9. Then there is only one combination possible:
15658.
All other combinations are not for a Fairchild 24C8C with it's special
enginecowl
NC15608 is Fairchild 24C8D(wrong engine) All others are Taylor-aircraft.
So resuming: Fairchild 24C8C, but who am to think that?
Thank you.

Old February 1st 08, 02:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Randy Wilson

"Anyolmouse" wrote in message

"mar" wrote in message

| "Anyolmouse" schreef in bericht
|
| "mar" wrote in message
| |
| | "Anyolmouse" schreef in bericht
| |
| | "mar" wrote in message
| | | End of the 40's , begin 50's, doctor Giles from Griffin (USA)
had
| an
| | | engine-failure and crashed on the roof of a house that was
| damaged
| | for $
| | | 1000.-
| | | But what plane is it? I can read the registration: NC 156.
| | | But several registers ara giving the wrong plane.(Beech)
| | | Note the NACA cowl!!
| | | Thank you in advance.
| | | Sammy, the Netherlands
| | |
| | |
| | |
| |
| | After looking at your picture again it looks like there may be
an 8
| at
| | the end. NC 1568.
| |
| | --
| | Anyolmouse
| |
News
| | Provider ----
| | http://www.pronews.com offers corporate packages that have
access to
| | 100,000+ newsgroups
| |
| | Yes, looking at the registration, it's maybe NC 15658.
| | In the registers it's named as Fairchild 24C8C.
| | Thank you for the resaerch.
| |
| | Sammy
|
| You're welcome. Where did you find it in the registers? An FAA
search
| that I tried would not work- too many numbers.
| Are you satisfied that it is the right airplane?
|
| --
| Anyolmouse

| 100,000+ newsgroups
|

| Here the link to aerofiles registration N-Number/
| http://aerofiles.com/regs-home.html
|
| Yes, I'm sure(...) it is the Fairchild 24C8C: NC 15658.
| Only 8 were built of this type.(Specaial engine)
| Thank you.
| Sammy

I only see NC 1568 and by your list that is a Curtis Jennie?

--
Anyolmouse

100,000+ newsgroups

The original image seems to match that in my own resources of a Fairchild
Model 24 C8C with a Warner Super Scarab engine and cowling. The vertical
tail and rudder certainly look like this model or series. That would be my
vote.

Randy