A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

1920's Zoegling Primary Glider

Old August 16th 12, 09:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill[_21_]
external usenet poster

Default 1920's Zoegling Primary Glider

Zoegling 10 Meter Primary Glider.

It is my hope to learn more about the history of this particular glider. If you know about this model glider or its history, please contact me.

Not the modern sailplane of today, but an important part of our gliding history. This 1920’s/1930’s Zoegling is out of hiding and has now seen the light of day again. From what I have been told, it was built on Long Island, NY USA in the late 1920's?, then sold to a farmer near Danbury Connecticut. My friend found and rescued the glider in the mid 1960's and it remained in storage until August 2012. It has now been moved to my hangar in Springfield VT, hanging safely from the rafters.

www.flickr.com/photos/airmasterc165/sets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wol4h...re=context-cha

Thank-you for any historic information.

Bill Batesole
Walpole, NH USA
Bonn, Germany

batesole at tds dot net

Old August 16th 12, 11:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GC[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default 1920's Zoegling Primary Glider

On 16/08/2012 18:10, Bill wrote:

Is that another primary fuselage in the roof behind the Zoegling in
100-4340?

GC

Zoegling 10 Meter Primary Glider.

It is my hope to learn more about the history of this particular glider. If you know about this model glider or its history, please contact me.

Not the modern sailplane of today, but an important part of our gliding history. This 1920’s/1930’s Zoegling is out of hiding and has now seen the light of day again. From what I have been told, it was built on Long Island, NY USA in the late 1920's?, then sold to a farmer near Danbury Connecticut. My friend found and rescued the glider in the mid 1960's and it remained in storage until August 2012. It has now been moved to my hangar in Springfield VT, hanging safely from the rafters.

www.flickr.com/photos/airmasterc165/sets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wol4h...re=context-cha

Thank-you for any historic information.

Bill Batesole
Walpole, NH USA
Bonn, Germany

batesole at tds dot net