Puget Sound -- Eugene, OR Routing Q

Old June 29th 06, 04:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Puget Sound -- Eugene, OR Routing Q

Last weekend I flew IFR Paine to Eugene. I filed V23, but was cleared
to the west along OLM V165 UBG V495 CVO EUG. Similar routing for the
return flight. I asked each controller (except Seattle Approach) for
vectors EUG direct when able, but each controller said they needed to
keep me on the airway through either Portland or Cascade Approach's
airspace.

Question: is this a typical routing?

TIA,

Ethan

Old June 29th 06, 05:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Yes. You will get V-27 southbound and V-23 northbound, whether you like it
or not. I used to run packages between Boeing and Oakland every night and I
learned this lesson early.

Bob Gardner

oups.com...

Old July 5th 06, 05:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
M[_1_]

From Seattle area going south bound (or northbound into Seattle area

from Oregon/CA) you almost always have to funnel over Olympia. South
of OLM Seattle center will let you cut corners as long as you're above
5-6000 or so.