Cocaine, was: How stupid can one get???

Old August 8th 03, 05:23 PM
Bob McKellar

Default Cocaine, was: How stupid can one get???

Leadfoot wrote:

"S. Sampson" wrote in message
"José Herculano" wrote

http://www.af.mil/stories/story.asp?storyID=123005376

It's a sad commentary on the Air Force academy. It looks like these
cadets spend more time off of campus, than on. If I was the commandant
I'd close the gates, and get the kids back into military formation. The

only
way I'd let them out the gate, would be in groups of 5 or more.

better to let them out and let the bad apples screw up so they can be

identified

Actually, it's possible for an Air Force veteran with a history of drug and
alcohol problems to do quite well in this country, given supportive friends
and family.

Bob McKellar

Old August 8th 03, 07:26 PM
S. Sampson

"Bob McKellar" wrote

Actually, it's possible for an Air Force veteran with a history of drug and
alcohol problems to do quite well in this country, given supportive friends
and family.

Gosh! I don't know about the others, but I feel warm all over now...

Old August 8th 03, 08:14 PM
Tarver Engineering

"S. Sampson" wrote in message
"Bob McKellar" wrote

Actually, it's possible for an Air Force veteran with a history of drug

and
alcohol problems to do quite well in this country, given supportive

friends
and family.

Gosh! I don't know about the others, but I feel warm all over now...

I think Bob explained a lot of his posts, with that confession.

Old August 8th 03, 09:14 PM
Guy Alcala

Bob McKellar wrote:

Leadfoot wrote:

"S. Sampson" wrote in message
"José Herculano" wrote

http://www.af.mil/stories/story.asp?storyID=123005376

It's a sad commentary on the Air Force academy. It looks like these
cadets spend more time off of campus, than on. If I was the commandant
I'd close the gates, and get the kids back into military formation. The

only
way I'd let them out the gate, would be in groups of 5 or more.

better to let them out and let the bad apples screw up so they can be

identified

Actually, it's possible for an Air Force veteran with a history of drug and
alcohol problems to do quite well in this country, given supportive friends
and family.

It will be interesting to see from the responses if you've crossed over the 'too
subtle use of irony' line.

Guy

Old August 8th 03, 09:56 PM
S. Sampson

wrote

I was thinking the same thing. But then, nowadays the air force is so
far removed from that type of lifestyle that the O-club is primarily
used for benign, afternoon coffee klatch get-togethers.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but most O, and E-clubs have gone
bankrupt, and the new term is the "Activities Center." Commanders have
finally given up on the clubs, as they've been shunned by the force since
the early 80's. Most young people in uniform today, wouldn't be caught
dead in a bingo-parlor, cafeteria, or stag bar style club. It would be like
our going to a Timberlake or Eminem concert to sway to the lip-syncing
boys and girls.

Old August 8th 03, 10:01 PM
Gooneybird

"Bob McKellar" wrote in message

Tarver Engineering wrote:

"S. Sampson" wrote in message
"Bob McKellar" wrote

Actually, it's possible for an Air Force veteran with a history of drug

and
alcohol problems to do quite well in this country, given supportive

friends
and family.

Gosh! I don't know about the others, but I feel warm all over now...

I think Bob explained a lot of his posts, with that confession.

That's pretty rotten, to accuse me of being an Air Force vet.

Since they were your words, and you were the one who brought them up, you can't
hardly blame someone else for them unless, of course, you haven't come down from
something you're taking. In that case, you could say anything, and it wouldn't
have to make sense.

George Z.

Old August 8th 03, 10:33 PM

"S. Sampson" wrote:
wrote

I was thinking the same thing. But then, nowadays the air force is so
far removed from that type of lifestyle that the O-club is primarily
used for benign, afternoon coffee klatch get-togethers.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but most O, and E-clubs have gone
bankrupt, and the new term is the "Activities Center."

Activities Center huh?

Sheeiit!

Commanders have finally given up on the clubs, as they've been
shunned by the force since the early 80's. Most young people in
uniform today, wouldn't be caught dead in a bingo-parlor, cafeteria,
or stag bar style club. It would be like our going to a Timberlake
or Eminem concert to sway to the lip-syncing boys and girls.

Eminem? Timberlake?? You're obviously much younger than me!

-Mike (Rolling Stones R00L Baby!) Marron

Old August 8th 03, 11:36 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Bob McKellar" wrote in message

Tarver Engineering wrote:

"S. Sampson" wrote in message
"Bob McKellar" wrote

Actually, it's possible for an Air Force veteran with a history of

drug
and
alcohol problems to do quite well in this country, given supportive

friends
and family.

Gosh! I don't know about the others, but I feel warm all over now...

I think Bob explained a lot of his posts, with that confession.

That's pretty rotten, to accuse me of being an Air Force vet.

I suppose the youngsters could claim to be walking in GW's footsteps.

Old August 9th 03, 12:41 AM
BUFDRVR

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but most O, and E-clubs have gone
bankrupt, and the new term is the "Activities Center." Commanders have
finally given up on the clubs, as they've been shunned by the force since
the early 80's.

Pretty broad brush you paint with. O-Clubs at every Pilot and Nav Training base
that I've been to, plus Vandenberg (where Undergraduate Space Training is) have
all had very active clubs with great participation. Operational bases tend to
vary, but many are still hopin' places on Friday. The "lets get hammered at the
Club on Friday" era is gone, and many clubs have died as a result, but more
remain open.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old August 9th 03, 12:52 AM

(BUFDRVR) wrote:

The "lets get hammered at the Club on Friday" era is gone, and
many clubs have died as a result, but more remain open.

An ex-Viper jock (now flies for the airlines) scheduled a series of
flights to party down with me here in Tampa. I partied him under the
table every time...

-Mike (then drove him back to his hotel room) Marron