$75,000 2-33

Old March 7th 18, 06:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default $75,000 2-33

Just when you thought you've seen it all. Wings and Wheels has listed a beautifully restored 2-33 for a mere $75K http://wingsandwheels.com/classifieds
Old March 7th 18, 06:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

On Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 11:07:38 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Just when you thought you've seen it all. Wings and Wheels has listed a beautifully restored 2-33 for a mere $75K http://wingsandwheels.com/classifieds

Turn coordinator in a Gollywhomper? WTF!

Does it have ADS-B OUT & lights?

Scary...

66
Old March 7th 18, 06:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 11:18:48 AM UTC-6, kirk.stant wrote:

Turn coordinator in a Gollywhomper? WTF!

Does it have ADS-B OUT & lights?

Scary...

66

Nope, only has an old Terra Mode C Transponder. I figure that drops the value $5K right there.

Steve Leonard
Old March 7th 18, 06:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

On Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 9:21:54 AM UTC-8, Steve Leonard wrote:
On Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 11:18:48 AM UTC-6, kirk.stant wrote:

Turn coordinator in a Gollywhomper? WTF!

Does it have ADS-B OUT & lights?

Scary...

66

Nope, only has an old Terra Mode C Transponder. I figure that drops the value $5K right there.

Steve Leonard

Haven't heard or seen anything from Juan and Skip Batch or Eagles Nest in decades.
Hysterical!
Jim
Old March 7th 18, 07:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 9:18:48 AM UTC-8, kirk.stant wrote:
On Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 11:07:38 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Just when you thought you've seen it all. Wings and Wheels has listed a beautifully restored 2-33 for a mere $75K http://wingsandwheels.com/classifieds

Turn coordinator in a Gollywhomper? WTF!

Does it have ADS-B OUT & lights?

Scary...

66

TruTrak Turn Coordinator and a Dynon Artificial Horizon. Oy vey.
Old March 7th 18, 07:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 12:18:08 PM UTC-6, Darryl Ramm wrote:

TruTrak Turn Coordinator and a Dynon Artificial Horizon. Oy vey.

I know, right? All that new stuff, and a Terra Mode C Transponder? And a single revolution, 20K foot altimeter? The LXNav V7 is an upgrade from the Soaring Aids Vario. ELT. Zaon PCAS. Garmin 296 WAAS GPS.

This glider must belong to The Society of Creative Anachronisms!

Steve Leonard

Old March 12th 18, 12:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I admit to learning to fly in one with the old potato farmer in 69. Had to lift my leg to get full aileron, but it sure was cheap. Since then I have been ambivalent to them. my club, WVSC, had one and sold it because of almost zero useage.

But over the last few months a small group at Independence Airpark have been operating with a -33 and (gasp) a 2-22. But in that short time four kids under 18 have been soloed and one licensed. The others are waiting for a birthday to get a license and one young lady is starting soon, sponsored by an airpark neighbor.

We are starting a club based on those ships and a old towplane. First meeting was last week and 23 people said they would pay the entry fee just to keep this going.

None of this would have happened with glass. Give them a break, they still have a great use.

Bruce Patton
Independence Or.
Still flying my HP-18
Old March 7th 18, 07:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Stroschine

On Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 10:07:38 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Just when you thought you've seen it all. Wings and Wheels has listed a beautifully restored 2-33 for a mere $75K http://wingsandwheels.com/classifieds

It does have a really shiny release knob now. That's gotta be worth somethin
Old March 7th 18, 08:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

On Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 9:07:38 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Just when you thought you've seen it all. Wings and Wheels has listed a beautifully restored 2-33 for a mere $75K http://wingsandwheels.com/classifieds

Or you could buy a well equipped ASW-27b, with enclosed trailer.
Old March 7th 18, 08:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I wouldn't give 75,000 Zimbabwe dollars for a 2-33. I don't care how much lipstick is on it. It is still a pig.

https://www.greatamericancoincompany...A pw3EALw_wcB