Clearance into inactive restricted areas

Old April 23rd 07, 09:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Clearance into inactive restricted areas

Erik writes:

Because the simulation is highly lacking.

It is lacking in some respects, but not in others. Depending on the parts of
flying that appeal to a person, the differences between simulation and real
life may or may not be important. If they are not important, simulation is
fine, and perhaps even better than the real thing.

Compared to real flying, it's like masturbation. It's meant as a
hold-over, not a replacement.

See above. The same principle applies.

If you do enough research and study based on experience gained from
masturbation, I'm certain that you'd wind up believing that every girl
out there is willing and has nipples no bigger than a silver dollar,
perched upon perfect C+ boobs.

I'm interested in aviation, not sex, so I'll take your word for this.

Unfortunately, that's not the case. That's why MSFS costs less than
$50 and an airplane costs significantly more.

An airplane has to do many things that MSFS does not. However, not all of the
things that a real airplane does are interesting to people who are interested
in aviation, so MSFS may be sufficient, and if it is, the cost is much lower.

You were asking how you can tell if you're directly over a
point. In MSFS, there is A LOT of guesswork involved.

Not really. In MSFS, you can look straight down and see a set of crosshairs
marking your position on the ground. That isn't possible in real life.

Simulation not only lacks some aspects of real life, it also provides things
that real life does not. I can watch and critique my flying from a chase
plane in MSFS; I cannot do that in real life. I can start a flight from any
airport in MSFS; in real life, I can only start a flight from the last airport
at which I landed. Many other examples could be given.

In an airplane, you really can open the window
and look. Seems like a small difference, but it's huge. And don't
give me any of that alternate-view crap, you don't feel the wind in
your face, either.

I don't need the wind in my face to look, and it would only interfere with
vision, anyway.

You never addressed the accusation of being terrified of airplanes.

Why should I? People will believe what they wish to believe, irrespective of
anything I say. And the accusation is only intended to goad me, but since I'm
unconcerned by the accusation, it doesn't work.

I can tell you, on my intro flight, I was nervous as hell. This tiny
little tin can won't hold us up! That lasted for about 5 minutes.

That seems like an irrational fear.

I might be worried about the state of maintenance of the aircraft and the
competence of the pilot, though, which unfortunately do have a basis in
reality. I trust technologies, but I don't trust people.

Old April 23rd 07, 09:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Erik writes:

Just because it annoys you that people find you obnoxious
does not make them stupid, those are terms a child would use.

Well, (1) it doesn't annoy me; and (2) the correlation is very strong, based
on empirical data I've collected over the years.

Stupid people are driven by their emotions rather than their intellects,
because the former are much stronger than the latter. This leads them to
react emotionally and behave emotionally when stressed, as in defense
mechanisms. Intelligent people are driven mostly by intellect and don't
respond in emotional ways.

There are other reasons why stupid people find me obnoxious, but they are too
numerous to mention here.

Old April 23rd 07, 09:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Erik

Mxsmanic wrote:

Erik writes:

If you do enough research and study based on experience gained from
masturbation, I'm certain that you'd wind up believing that every girl
out there is willing and has nipples no bigger than a silver dollar,
perched upon perfect C+ boobs.

I'm interested in aviation, not sex, so I'll take your word for this.

Heh. Yeah, right. So you've never done either, huh. That sucks. Do
one of them before you die. You'll really regret it if you don't. If
you're so interested in aviation, put your money where your mouth is,
not your foot where your mouth is. Get your out there and talk to a
CFI. Or a prostitute. The first time for either is a bit scary, but
at the end, you'll go back for more later on. If the prostitute will
let you.

Unfortunately, that's not the case. That's why MSFS costs less than
$50 and an airplane costs significantly more.

An airplane has to do many things that MSFS does not. However, not all of the
things that a real airplane does are interesting to people who are interested
in aviation, so MSFS may be sufficient, and if it is, the cost is much lower.

I thought you were telling us about how accurate and realistic MSFS
is. If you aren't interested in actual aviation, there are TONS of
sim ngs around. You can find them right next to the AD&D ngs.

meaningless drivel snipped

I can tell you, on my intro flight, I was nervous as hell. This tiny
little tin can won't hold us up! That lasted for about 5 minutes.

That seems like an irrational fear.

Nervous, not scared. (although you still didn't adress the accusation
posted to you).

I might be worried about the state of maintenance of the aircraft and the
competence of the pilot, though, which unfortunately do have a basis in
reality. I trust technologies, but I don't trust people.

So what you're italicstrying/italics to say is that you're totally
not nervous about airplanes, you're highly interested in flying, you
totally don't care about sex, and you have no interest in anything
that doesn't have to do with reality, or just the bits that you want
and not the good with the bad, just simulation where you can take it
or leave it and nothing goes any way but your way. Sounds like you're
highly experienced with spankin the monkey to me.

A pre-pubescent kid posing as an internet loser. Or perhaps an
internet loser that's actually an adult virgin. Either one of those
suck.

Get off the computer, don't you have chores to do?

Old April 23rd 07, 09:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Erik

Mxsmanic wrote:

Erik writes:

Just because it annoys you that people find you obnoxious
does not make them stupid, those are terms a child would use.

Well, (1) it doesn't annoy me; and (2) the correlation is very strong, based
on empirical data I've collected over the years.

Stupid people are driven by their emotions rather than their intellects,
because the former are much stronger than the latter. This leads them to
react emotionally and behave emotionally when stressed, as in defense
mechanisms. Intelligent people are driven mostly by intellect and don't
respond in emotional ways.

There are other reasons why stupid people find me obnoxious, but they are too
numerous to mention here.

A while back I was actually feeling kind of bad for using the word
douchebag. Wow. I totally take my regret away.

So, everyone is stupid and you're not obnoxious. Ok, got it. Now, of
course, I have to completely rethink my observations on life and
rebuild my version of reality, but that'll be ok. As long as I CAN
STILL FLY AIRPLANES IN REAL LIFE AND NOT IN MY MOM'S BASEMENT.

Old April 23rd 07, 10:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Erik writes:

Heh. Yeah, right. So you've never done either, huh. That sucks.

Only for those who are interested in such things.

I've never skied, either, but since I'm not interested in skiing, I don't
care.

Do one of them before you die. You'll really regret it if you don't.

No, I won't.

If you're so interested in aviation, put your money where your mouth is,
not your foot where your mouth is.

I don't have any money.

I thought you were telling us about how accurate and realistic MSFS
is.

It is much more realistic and accurate than many self-proclaimed Real Pilots
here seem willing to admit. It's hardly a perfect simulation. Then again, it
doesn't have to be.

If you aren't interested in actual aviation, there are TONS of
sim ngs around. You can find them right next to the AD&D ngs.

Since it's a simulation of aviation, why can't I just participate in the
aviation newsgroups?

Simulation newsgroups tend to concentrate on the details of the simulation,
not on the details of the environment beind simulated. I'm not interested in
talking about paint schemes or scenery packs or the ideal characteristics of a
gaming machine.

Nervous, not scared.

Same thing.

So what you're italicstrying/italics to say is that you're totally
not nervous about airplanes, you're highly interested in flying, you
totally don't care about sex, and you have no interest in anything
that doesn't have to do with reality, or just the bits that you want
and not the good with the bad, just simulation where you can take it
or leave it and nothing goes any way but your way.

Essentially, yes.

Sounds like you're highly experienced with spankin the monkey to me.

I don't know what that means.

A pre-pubescent kid posing as an internet loser. Or perhaps an
internet loser that's actually an adult virgin. Either one of those
suck.

Or just someone with whom you disagree, and whom you feel the need to
denigrate in order to create the impression that his opinions are objectively
less valid than yours.

Get off the computer, don't you have chores to do?

No. Are you interested in discussing aviation?

Old April 23rd 07, 10:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Erik

http://is3.okcupid.com/users/162/390...1107623537.jpg

Vrrrrrm Vrrrrm Boosh Boosh pow POW bang

Whoooooosh

Old April 23rd 07, 10:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Erik

Mxsmanic wrote:

Since it's a simulation of aviation, why can't I just participate in the
aviation newsgroups?

Because you keep talking out your ass.