Autorotations

Old December 23rd 05, 01:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Default Gyros Autorotations

kirt hood wrote:
Here's a link to the one I had, flew almost 300 hours and had a blast....
http://members.shaw.ca/m1.mustang/kirt.htm

That 500 looks like it would be a lot of fun to fly. It's one of the
first I considered back when I was looking. The only problem was the
single seat and no storage space. That wouldn't matter at all when
flying around home. Do you have any pictures of the cockpit? Thanks
for sending the link..

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
Old December 26th 05, 07:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

bob: You may want to consider the Helicycle: Single seat turbine powered
kit helicopter currently in production. There are somewhere around 20
flying. One report had one still climbing at 11,500 mol. The price is
competitive with the RAF2000 and has a lot more capability. We've been
trying to get the factory to provide the magazine a long term evaluation
model but no luck.

--
Stuart Fields
Experimental Helo magazine

www.vkss.com
www.experimentalhelo.com

Old December 26th 05, 08:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

boB, I tried sending some pictures but they just came back as undeliverable
and I'm not sure how to or if even one is able to post photograghs on this
news group. There is storage space in the Mini on either side of the seat, I
had some stiff type bags molded to the floor with zipper type tops that
could hold the equivilant of about 4 gal. each that were secured for flying
with the doors off. Biggest issue was lack of power in the summer months
when one would want to go camping, but plenty of power when it was -10 deg.
C. Send me an e-mail address or a method of posting pictures and I'l be
happy to send you a few.
Kirt

Old December 27th 05, 12:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

kirt hood wrote:
boB, I tried sending some pictures but they just came back as undeliverable
and I'm not sure how to or if even one is able to post photograghs on this
news group. There is storage space in the Mini on either side of the seat, I
had some stiff type bags molded to the floor with zipper type tops that
could hold the equivilant of about 4 gal. each that were secured for flying
with the doors off. Biggest issue was lack of power in the summer months
when one would want to go camping, but plenty of power when it was -10 deg.
C. Send me an e-mail address or a method of posting pictures and I'l be
happy to send you a few.
Kirt

Hi kirt. Thanks for replying. You can go to http://xs.to and upload
even large pictures up to 1.4 meg I think. Then they are there for
others to see. I use that one plus http://imageshack.us

Both are easy and give you the html code for forums, e-mail, direct link
and others.

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
Old December 27th 05, 01:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Stuart & Kathryn Fields wrote:

bob: You may want to consider the Helicycle: Single seat turbine powered
kit helicopter currently in production. There are somewhere around 20
flying. One report had one still climbing at 11,500 mol. The price is
competitive with the RAF2000 and has a lot more capability. We've been
trying to get the factory to provide the magazine a long term evaluation
model but no luck.

Thanks Stuart. I have been reading the helicycle web page for a bit and
will finish later on. That's a nice little aircraft.

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
Old December 27th 05, 08:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

kirt hood wrote:

I had some stiff type bags molded to the floor with zipper type tops
that could hold the equivilant of about 4 gal. each that were secured
for flying with the doors off.

Yes, the Mini-500 bags... it looks like fetters still has them available
http://www.fetters.co.uk/product_lis...nav_category=4
Old December 28th 05, 10:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Default Autorotations

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...

I not only visualized it, but tried it on my RC sim several times last
night. 1 out of 10 ain't a good success rate.

Which sim have you got Kevin? I bought Reflex XTR the other day. I can't
get any of my radio functions to do throttle hold properly though, so I have
to hit the A key to enter an auto. Very impressed with the sim though. The
last one I owned was the original Realflight Deluxe and this is a light year
ahead of that.

Si

Old January 1st 06, 09:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...

Flying ol' reliable G2. Works fine for me although I'd love to see
the new eye-candy in G3 or XTR. Can't justify the $$ right now as the
new electric foamy bipe I'm building is killing my wallet. (Not to
mention Christmas and the little mini-vacation I just got back from)

I've seen and flown the G2. Maybe it was the program or just the computer
that was running it but I really wasn't that impressed. It's Ok if that's
all you've ever seen.

I think you'll find the G3 and XTR are head and shoulders better than the
G2. :-)

Fly Safe,
Steve R.