Standalone GPS

Old November 30th 04, 11:21 PM
Bob Gardner

Default Standalone GPS

To keep me from looking at every approach plate PDF in the country for some
research I am doing, would you folks give me some examples of standalone
(not RNAV(GPS)) approaches in your areas of operation?

Thanks.

Bob Gardner

Old December 1st 04, 12:18 AM
Judah

Randall Field (06N) in upstate NY has GPS RWY 08 and 26 approaches.

I'm not sure if this counts as standalone, but Old Bridge, NJ (3N6) has the
VOR OR GPS RWY 24 approach, but it is not RNAV(GPS)...

Groton, CT (GON) has GPS RWY 33 and VOR OR GPS RWY 05 and 23 approaches.

Those are a few that stick out from my mind.

What's the hypothesis you are researching, if you don't mind my asking?

"Bob Gardner" wrote in
:

Old December 1st 04, 12:36 AM
kage

BOB, some near you:

KPWT GPS Rwy1
KTIW GPS Rwy 17
KTIW GPS Rwy 35
KALW GPS-Rwy 2
KBLI GPS Rwy 16
KPAE GPS Rwy 16R
KPAE GPS Rwy 34L
KKLS GPS Rwy 12
KMWH GPS Rwy 4
KMWH GPS Rwy 14L
KMWH GPS Rwy 22
KOMK GPS Rwy 35
KPSC GPS Rwy 30
1S0 (THUN) GPS Rwy 34
KRNT GPS Rwy 15
KSEA GPS Rwy 16L
KSEA GPS Rwy 16R
KSEA GPS Rwy 34L
KSEA GPS Rwy 34R
KSHN GPS Rwy 5
KSHN GPS Rwy 23
KGEG GPS Rwy 3
KGEG GPS Rwy 21
KGEG GPS Rwy 25
KSFF GPS-A

That's ALL the standalone GPS approaches for Washington State. There are
many more overlays.

Best, Karl
Lets go out and do some!

Old December 1st 04, 05:22 AM
David

"Bob Gardner" wrote in message ...
To keep me from looking at every approach plate PDF in the country for some
research I am doing, would you folks give me some examples of standalone
(not RNAV(GPS)) approaches in your areas of operation?

Thanks.

Bob Gardner

http://www.naco.faa.gov/d-tpp/0412/00782G17.PDF in Corvallis, OR (CVO)
http://www.naco.faa.gov/d-tpp/0412/00345G10.PDF in Redmond, OR (RDM)
http://www.naco.faa.gov/d-tpp/0412/00140G16.PDF in Eugene, OR (EUG)
There are two others at Eugene, also. Hope this is what you're looking for?
Old December 1st 04, 03:52 PM
Mike Rapoport

"Bob Gardner" wrote in message
To keep me from looking at every approach plate PDF in the country for
some research I am doing, would you folks give me some examples of
standalone (not RNAV(GPS)) approaches in your areas of operation?

Thanks.

Bob Gardner

I thought they changed the name of GPS approaches to RNAV a year or so ago.

Mike
MU-2

Old December 1st 04, 04:10 PM
Marco Leon

Farmingdale (KFRG) has three:
GPS RWY 1
GPS RWY 19
GPS RWY 14

GPS RWY 14 may be of interest since that runway also has an ILS for
comparison.

Regards,

Marco Leon

Old December 1st 04, 04:41 PM
Bob Gardner

Nope. Look at a list of approaches for some airports and you will see both
"GPS Rwy 16" and "RNAV(GPS) Rwy 16." My area of interest was the minimums
box, since the ones I ran across when just guessing usually had only
circling approaches. Thought that the approach to Frederick, MD, that Phil
Boyer used in the AOPA video on WAAS would have something other than
circling, but I was wrong.

Bob

ink.net...

Old December 1st 04, 04:50 PM
C J Campbell

Bob, take a look at the Salem GPS/WAAS approach.

Also, there are GPS approaches to both runways at Tacoma Narrows.

Old December 1st 04, 05:14 PM
Bob Gardner

Several of you asked what I was looking for, and the answer lies in the
minimums box. The AIM goes on at great length about GLS, LPV, VNAV/LNAV,
etc, but the standalone approaches that you have suggested and I have
checked out have straight in and circling minimums, period. I realize that
there may be approaches in areas of the country from which I received no
replies.

I'm not going to lose sleep over the fact that most of the plates in THE
COMPLETE ADVANCED PILOT do not have the minimums boxes discussed in the AIM.

Bob