FLARM UPDATE?

Old March 18th 11, 01:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stephen Michalik

Default FLARM UPDATE?

Any word on the U.S. Flarm shipments?
S9
Old March 18th 11, 03:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

I met with Lee Kuhlke (FLARM USA) on Saturday at the Boulder Performance
Soaring Seminar. He received word that morning from FLARM that the latest
ship date estimates a
- PowerFLARM Portable: May
- PowerFLARM Brick: June

These dates are not the hoped for April dates - which is a huge bummer
because we all want to use PowerFLARM for the start of the soaring season -
and especially the soaring contest season. However, it is a new product -
so this delay was not completely unexpected. I'm sure it will be a great
product when it arrives. And it will be here for the majority of the 2011
soaring season.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old March 18th 11, 03:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig[_2_]

On Mar 17, 8:43*pm, "Paul Remde" wrote:
[...]

I suspect most of us assumed this would be the case when we put our
orders in. I certainly did. Bringing a new product to a new market
is a daunting task. There appears to be lots of technical support and
financial backing to make this happen & I'm not too worried about
FLARM becoming a reality in the US. Thanks to everyone involved in
pushing this forward.

Craig Funston
Old March 18th 11, 03:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Westbender

On Mar 18, 10:41*am, Craig wrote:
[...]

Craig Funston- Hide quoted text -

Agreed. My expectations were correctly set.
Old March 19th 11, 02:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bastoune

I think these dates are going to be "best case", at least for the
Brick.

I'd think that we would have seen by now a more detailled spec on how
this brick will look like if the design was mature. Manufacturing
leadtime for this type of equipment is typically 8-10 weeks for
production quantities. To ship by June, this means that PowerFlarm
team should have a frozen design mid April. This is 4 weeks away hence
my doubts.

I am hoping that my PowerFlarm brick will be filed in June but I would
not be surprised if I am still waiting for it in August (along with
the NK Vario).
Old March 19th 11, 04:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected][_2_]

glad I bought a PCAS instead...

aerodyne
Old March 20th 11, 04:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

On Mar 19, 11:23*am, "
wrote:
glad I bought a PCAS instead...

aerodyne

Apples and oranges. I'll use my PCAS (lots of alerts yesterday
soaring near Phoenix) until my pFLARM arrives, then continue to use my
PCAS in towplanes, club gliders, etc.

Kirk
66

Flarm v5 Kevin Neave[_2_] Soaring 5 February 23rd 11 01:35 PM
FLARM: update to software version 5.00 available pilot Soaring 1 February 22nd 11 05:27 PM
Flarm in the US Steve Freeman Soaring 163 August 15th 10 12:12 AM
Flarm Mal Soaring 4 October 19th 05 08:44 AM
FLARM John Galloway Soaring 9 November 27th 04 07:16 AM