De-registration

Old August 19th 07, 06:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default De-registration

Can anybody give me some information as to how long does it take for
Germany to issue de-registration certificate. I have been waiting for
over a month and still didn't get anything.

Old August 19th 07, 06:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
nimbusgb

On 19 Aug, 18:16, wrote:
Can anybody give me some information as to how long does it take for
Germany to issue de-registration certificate. I have been waiting for
over a month and still didn't get anything.

Holiday season. Everything comes to a halt!

Old August 20th 07, 08:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bert Willing[_2_]

It took me three days, but then I know this guy personally.

Outside holiday season, standard delay is 3-4 weeks.

Bert
ups.com...

Old August 20th 07, 02:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Galloway[_1_]

I presume this is for a new glider? If so is it Type
Certificated? If not you may have to wait until the
type certificate has been issued - that's what I found.

At 07:42 20 August 2007, Bert Willing wrote:
It took me three days, but then I know this guy personally.

Outside holiday season, standard delay is 3-4 weeks.

Bert
oups.com...

Old August 20th 07, 03:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bert Willing[_2_]

My experience stems from privately selling used gliders with type
certificates (not that many though - I'm not a dealer!).
What's your special case?
Bert

"John Galloway" wrote in message
I presume this is for a new glider? If so is it Type
Certificated? If not you may have to wait until the
type certificate has been issued - that's what I found.

At 07:42 20 August 2007, Bert Willing wrote:
It took me three days, but then I know this guy personally.

Outside holiday season, standard delay is 3-4 weeks.

Bert
roups.com...

Old August 20th 07, 08:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Aug 20, 7:32 am, "Bert Willing" bw_no_spam_ple...@tango-
whisky.com wrote:
My experience stems from privately selling used gliders with type
certificates (not that many though - I'm not a dealer!).
What's your special case?
Bert

"John Galloway" wrote in message

I presume this is for a new glider? If so is it Type
Certificated? If not you may have to wait until the
type certificate has been issued - that's what I found.

At 07:42 20 August 2007, Bert Willing wrote:
It took me three days, but then I know this guy personally.

Outside holiday season, standard delay is 3-4 weeks.

Bert
wrote in message
roups.com...

Can anybody give me some information as to how long
does it take for
Germany to issue de-registration certificate. I have
been waiting for
over a month and still didn't get anything.- Hide quoted text -

I am buying a used glider and it's in the US. But to have it
registered in my name I need to have de-registration from Germany. Is
there a German website that would show aircraft registry with names
next to registration numbers like we have here in the US?

Old August 21st 07, 01:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

whisky.com wrote:
My experience stems from privately selling used gliders with type
certificates (not that many though - I'm not a dealer!).
What's your special case?
Bert

"John Galloway" wrote in message

I presume this is for a new glider? If so is it Type
Certificated? If not you may have to wait until the
type certificate has been issued - that's what I found.

At 07:42 20 August 2007, Bert Willing wrote:
It took me three days, but then I know this guy personally.

Outside holiday season, standard delay is 3-4 weeks.

Bert
wrote in message
roups.com...

Can anybody give me some information as to how long
does it take for
Germany to issue de-registration certificate. I have
been waiting for
over a month and still didn't get anything.- Hide quoted text -

I am buying a used glider and it's in the US. Is

Old August 22nd 07, 08:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bert Willing[_2_]

If the glider is type certified in Germany (which it is most probably
because otherwise it wouldn't be allowed to fly in the US), the former owner
has to apply for de-registration in Germany (sending in the form, the
original certificate of airworthiness and the original certificate of
immatriculation), and the LBA then issues a certificate of de-registration
to the former owner. That takes 3-4 weeks, plus the snail mail from the US
to D and back.
There is no LBA webseite listing immatriculations vs owners.

Bert
oups.com...

Old August 23rd 07, 01:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Aug 22, 12:52 am, "Bert Willing" bw_no_spam_ple...@tango-
whisky.com wrote:
If the glider is type certified in Germany (which it is most probably
because otherwise it wouldn't be allowed to fly in the US), the former owner
has to apply for de-registration in Germany (sending in the form, the
original certificate of airworthiness and the original certificate of
immatriculation), and the LBA then issues a certificate of de-registration
to the former owner. That takes 3-4 weeks, plus the snail mail from the US
to D and back.
There is no LBA webseite listing immatriculations vs owners.

wrote in message

oups.com...

I am buying a used glider and it's in the US. Is
there a German website that would show aircraft registry with names
next to registration numbers like we have here in the US?- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the response.

Chris Aniol

Old August 23rd 07, 02:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CindyB

Chris:

The group needed a little more info to answer your question
most correctly. But I think you got the answer you needed,
circuitously.

I would guess from your original post that you are a US citizen,
trying to buy a German registered airframe that happens to be
on a flying holiday in the US.

An airframe registered in a particular country, flown by a pilot of
that same
citizenship, may fly in most ICAO countries without (much)
interference
for recreational uses. But to change the ownership and hence
registration
of ownership to a new nationality requires a de-registration from the
current
country. (One airframe doesn't get to wear an "N" number and a "D"
number
at the same time.)

Bert is likely pretty correct on the LBA's procedures, and others are
helpful in telling you that most of Europe goes to the beach (or
somewhere)
on vacation for all of August. So, hopefully, LBA will spit out
documents
for you in a few more weeks.

But the one wrinkle that was wrong..... a glider doesn't have to be
LBA
type certified to leave Germany and fly in the US. It could be
factory
built or not, leave it's home country, and be licensed for
Airworthiness in the US
under Experimental Airworthiness - Air Racing. Many lovely gliders,
mostly
single-place, fly here in that manner.

Cindy B
SSA Governmental Liaison Committee