Garmin support (or lack thereof)

Old April 16th 05, 01:44 PM
Peter Clark

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 16:36:37 -0700, "Matt Barrow"
wrote:

Software companies don't even answer email in a timely manner these days.

Some (Microsoft) don't answer AT ALL (short of charging you $80-400).

Let's be fair here, in my experience MS has always answered the emails
sent through their free support page web entry system. It might take
them 2-3 days before they answer you, and the answer is just a
cut-n-paste of whatever template answers keywords the person answering
it picks out of your message (which likely won't be any use - don't
expect any insightful troubleshooting through this method), but they
do get answered...

Old April 18th 05, 02:15 PM
RNR

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 20:09:13 GMT, Nathan Young
wrote:

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 09:24:44 -0400, RNR
wrote:

About one month ago, I emailed Garmin tech support about a problem
that I was having updating the operating software in my 196.
Fortunately, I also posted here and I received an immediate response
which solved my problem. My concern is that I never got any response
from Garmin. Is this typical? If so, I'd hate to have a serious
issue that rendered the unit useless. Doesn't exactly inspire
confidence.
Rich Russell

I called Garmin tech support for a 'No Sats Tracked' issue on my 295,
and had an answer and workaround (hard reset) within 10 minutes.

Thanks to all. I learned one thing, next time I'll call instead of
emailing.
Rich Russell