Powerflarm IGC log MALF or user error?

Old June 21st 16, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

Default Powerflarm IGC log MALF or user error?

I searched a bit and found nothing similar to this problem.

My Powerflarm IGC log function has worked fine in the past, but on my last two flights, I obtained an IGC log file with size 0 bytes and file creation date of -/-/1979

My LXNav S7 Vario is getting NEMA sentences from the Powerflarm as the S7 is using the PowerFlarm as GPS source and displaying 'arrival altitude' with the 'Get Home' function. I've not checked for the PowerFlarm icon on the S7 for the last two flights.

My guess is that I'm turning off power to the PowerFlarm too soon after landing. The manual says 'allow two minutes' after coming to a stop 'to avoid losing data' (I'm definitely losing data).

So I land, get out of the glider, wait for golf cart to arrive (probably more than 2 minutes stationary), tow glider a short distance, turn off Powerflarm immediately after the golf cart tow stops. Do I need to wait an additional 2 minutes after the golf cart tow stops before I turn PF off?

Any ideas for debugging this problem are appreciated.
Old June 21st 16, 11:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Newport-Peace[_2_]

=
two flights, I obtained an IGC log file with size 0 bytes and file
creation=
date of -/-/1979

What was the filename?

This might happen if you are downloading onto a slightly corrupted flash.
Try reformatting first.

Just because you can read/write to/from it does not mean it is 100%.

[...]

Depends on the speed of the Golf Cart. Provided that it doesnot exceed the
Speed Gate in the FR (unlikely), it should not matter.

And in any case, a file size of zero is suspicious. Reformat the Flash.

Old June 22nd 16, 01:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

On Tuesday, June 21, 2016 at 6:30:05 PM UTC-4, Tim Newport-Peace wrote:

What was the filename?

I don't have the USB stick with me but the filename looked similar to my other IGC files and it had the .igc extension.

Depends on the speed of the Golf Cart. Provided that it doesnot exceed the
Speed Gate in the FR (unlikely), it should not matter.

The golf cart is walking pace, though the line crew with a strong headwind have tried to get a 1-26 off the ground.

And in any case, a file size of zero is suspicious. Reformat the Flash.

I'll try that when I get back from my trip (10 days) and check back here. I'll try a second USB stick as well. If it is the flash drive, then the missing log files may be okay in the PF memory.

Thanks.

PowerFLARM USB 3 cables and ConnectMe to PowerFLARM through V7 Tim Taylor Soaring 20 June 17th 13 05:56 PM
PowerFLARM Brick and PowerFLARM Remote Display Manuals Available Paul Remde Soaring 30 May 25th 12 11:58 PM
Need Help with VOR error adjustment PiperFlyer Owning 4 March 7th 10 01:50 PM
FS9 Error Anthony Acri Simulators 1 November 2nd 05 05:25 AM
CDI error Piperflyer Owning 1 February 16th 04 05:36 AM