Lx Eos vario

Old June 21st 16, 07:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Zaphod Beeblebrox[_2_]

Default Lx Eos vario

Anyone here had much experience with the Lx Eos vario? I'm thinking about
swapping out the old faithful CAi 302 and popping in the Eos alongside the
powerflarm and Oudie.

Old June 21st 16, 11:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

I believe Douglas Adams is using one, maybe he will chime in......
Old June 22nd 16, 03:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Don't forget the BabelFish Bluetooth interface.
Old June 22nd 16, 01:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

On Tuesday, June 21, 2016 at 10:42:05 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Don't forget the BabelFish Bluetooth interface.

I looked at EOS and elected to go for the Clearnav CNv XC (IGC). It's the best vario I've every used - great wind, and the digital display is great. I replaced an LX7007 Pro IGC with a toasted audio section (couldn't be repaired), and the Clearnav is much easier to understand (obviously the 7007 had more options) - for me. The Oudie (Lite with XC Soar) and CNv talk well (MC setting, and you can send declarations). I'd buy it again. Fitted in an SZD-55.

Old June 22nd 16, 02:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I used a CAI 302 with a serial to Bluetooth converter I got from US Converters (usconverters.com) and a cable I made. Running XC Soar on a Dell Streak worked pretty well. I had a few signal drops, but not many and reconnecting thru XC Soar was rarely an issue.

Sold the CAI 302 and adapter last week, but I have a K6BT for sale if you are interested.
Old June 22nd 16, 04:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Pretty funny!
Jim

On Wednesday, June 22, 2016 at 5:45:06 AM UTC-7, Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
Has the future arrived and is it Bluetooth?

Butterfly vario side-by-side with ClearNav vario [email protected] Soaring 30 May 22nd 13 07:11 AM
NK Vario Bastoune Soaring 6 December 7th 10 02:18 AM
WTB: 57mm Cambridge Vario/FS: 80mm Cambridge Vario ufmechanic Soaring 0 March 24th 09 05:31 PM
TE vario G.A. Seguin Soaring 8 June 8th 04 04:44 AM
WTB LD-200 Vario Romeo Delta Soaring 0 June 4th 04 03:08 PM