Poenoix PILOT GAINS A NEW SET OF WINGS.

Old May 18th 17, 06:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kathleen McKeon

Default Poenoix PILOT GAINS A NEW SET OF WINGS.

Hello Everyoe:

My name is Chris McKeon. I am a longtime Hang Glider Pilot, twenty plus years of flying Flex-Wings. I was flying my Beloved Altair Predator 158 from Mount Diablo on March twenty Eight 2010. Well the wind strength turned on really strong. The wind was blowing something like thirty or so miles an hour. Well I was flying X-C. But I ended up sinking out over Concord California. Well I had to land out in the Playground of mountain View Elementary. Well there is a eueptilliptis Tree-Line that created a Rotor-Line. well this Rotor-Line was my Down-Fall. I slammed into the ground! I experienced axonal sheering through out my Skull. I say to all of you. One has not lived until one as attempted to stage a come back from having experiencing Brain Damage!

Well rcovery for me has veen at sometimes overwhelming. I have weather this self-induced storm that has taken over a huge part of my life. But, my Pound-In was just over seven years ago. I still yearn to fly. But I now do not fly my Predator. I have flown twice in a Grobe Sail-Plane.

I am very keen to learn how to control a Three-Axis control Aircraft. That explains my being on this Web-Site, posting this.

I am very keen to have some feed-Back. Here is my Contact information. 925-497-1059.

Good By Chris McKeon

Old May 18th 17, 02:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BobW

On 5/17/2017 11:13 PM, Kathleen McKeon wrote:

Hello Everyoe:

My name is Chris McKeon.

Snip...
I am very keen to have some feed-Back. Here is my Contact information.
925-497-1059.

Good By Chris McKeon

Private e-mail sent...
Old May 18th 17, 06:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Duster

Hi Chris,
Your multi-year recovery from the hang glider accident is impressive and inspiring, to say the least. I've spent a career in neurological research and know you are benefiting from many relatively new approaches to rehab. You obviously have a passion and will to continue some form of flying, sailplanes being one you've tried. What are your objectives and capabilities/limitations? Depending on where you live, there may be either a soaring club or commercial gliding operation nearby that can provide some guidance. The Soaring Society of America website has a lot of general, useful information. If there are physical constraints, the SSA affiliate, Freedoms Wings http://www.freedomswings.org , or one of their many relevant links http://www.freedomswings.org/related-websites might give you some good direction.

Get back to us with updates!
Mike