Nationals – who cares?

Old June 24th 16, 02:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris

Default Nationals – who cares?

Many of us do. But we are our worst enemies when it comes to promoting our sport. 3 classes are competing at the highest level contest in the USA and there is not a single report on the SSA website. The worldwide audience is at a loss when it comes to understanding what is going on at this airfield in the middle of nowhere. We have to rely on individual blogs or Facebook entries to get tidbits about “junk” and other personal impressions, but that is no reporting of a National contest. Speeds of close to 100mph are seen on the results sheet and one type of glider seems to be doing exceptionally well. There must be a story… But we will never know. Forgotten tomorrow. An opportunity missed to get a bigger audience exited. If the organizers don’t care – why should we?
Old June 25th 16, 01:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
lynn

On Friday, June 24, 2016 at 4:42:10 PM UTC-7, Chris wrote:
Many of us do. But we are our worst enemies when it comes to promoting our sport. 3 classes are competing at the highest level contest in the USA and there is not a single report on the SSA website. The worldwide audience is at a loss when it comes to understanding what is going on at this airfield in the middle of nowhere. We have to rely on individual blogs or Facebook entries to get tidbits about “junk” and other personal impressions, but that is no reporting of a National contest. Speeds of close to 100mph are seen on the results sheet and one type of glider seems to be doing exceptionally well. There must be a story… But we will never know. Forgotten tomorrow. An opportunity missed to get a bigger audience exited. If the organizers don’t care – why should we?

Found in SSA web site under "sailplane racing" tab.
Old June 25th 16, 01:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Lynn,

The only thing posted are the scores. No reports of any kind. One picture in the gallery.
Old June 25th 16, 07:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
lynn

On Friday, June 24, 2016 at 5:29:22 PM UTC-7, Tony wrote:
Lynn,

The only thing posted are the scores. No reports of any kind. One picture in the gallery.

Tony,
True so far in this competition but several other contests have included daily reports.

Nationals - who cares? Chris Soaring 10 June 28th 16 02:52 AM
Yawn... Who cares if teen GIs are lied to by corporate America? V for Vendicar Naval Aviation 0 April 1st 09 07:27 AM
East Coast Nationals-West Coast Nationals Sam Giltner[_1_] Soaring 3 September 28th 08 07:55 PM
grover cares, then Faris publicly designates a mere parallel apart from Jeremy's riot R. Hamid Piloting 0 August 13th 07 01:19 AM
Location of 2006 US 18m nationals and Sports Class Nationals and 15m ? John Bojack Soaring 2 July 18th 05 02:45 PM